Wrongful Death Lawyers
Our Boise wrongful death lawyers can help if you have tragically lost a loved one due someone else’s negligence or fault. Losing a loved one is always traumatic, but there’s something especially distressing about knowing that this tragedy could have been prevented. It’s no wonder, then, that wrongful death cases cause so much distress. It’s only natural to experience grief and anger after losing a spouse or child due to somebody else’s negligence.
As emotionally wrenching as it is to lose a loved one, legal challenges make the ordeal especially awful. Family members are often forced to take on a variety of expenses. These include everything from medical bills to funerals. Instead of receiving the opportunity to properly grieve and say goodbye, they must deal with a mountain of paperwork and, often, debt. All this can cause lingering trauma that continues for years.
OUR BOISE WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS MUST IDENTIFY PARTIES WHO WERE NEGLIGENT
Negligent parties should be held accountable for the misdeeds that lead to preventable deaths. This can be accomplished through Idaho’s legal system. Unfortunately, navigating this process can be messy.
Why deal with such challenges when our Boise wrongful death lawyers can advocate on your behalf? With the right attorney on your side, you can obtain maximum compensation while keeping the stress of the legal process to a minimum.
The Boise wrongful death attorneys of Strong Law are there to support you every step of the way. We advocate not only for personal injury victims, but also for the loved ones of those who die due to negligence. Let us ease the burden and deliver the damages you deserve.
Damages Available to Boise Wrongful Death Beneficiaries
A variety of different types of damages ease the financial burdens that beneficiaries face after their family members pass away. These forms of compensation recognize both practical expenses and the emotional burden of losing a loved one:
- Funeral and burial costs. Expenses tied to funeral services can add up quickly, leaving family members struggling to get by even as they handle rapidly rising health care costs. To ease this burden, wrongful death damages may cover everything from caskets to funeral home rental.
- Lost wages. Victims in wrongful death cases are often primary breadwinners. Their death can create a significant financial burden for spouses, partners, and children, who may not be able to cover basic life necessities without the decedent’s income. Wrongful death compensation acknowledges this by providing the funds needed for loved ones to get back on their feet.
- Loss of consortium. The loss of a family member isn’t simply traumatic due to financial concerns, although, of course, these can be difficult to endure. Far worse, however, is the emotional trauma that comes with losing the support and affection that the victim previously provided. These losses can be accounted for in Washington wrongful death cases. Known as “loss of consortium,” these concerns may not be as tangible as funeral expenses, but that doesn’t make them any less important to recover.
WORKING WITH OUR BOISE WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEYS
No matter the circumstances of your loved one’s passing, you can benefit from the targeted assistance of our wrongful death lawyers in Boise. Our attorneys can help you gather critical evidence to demonstrate that responsible parties acted negligently and that the negligent behavior was to blame for the victim’s death.
Our Boise wrongful death lawyers can make all the difference as you take on the burden of navigating Idaho’s legal system. Proactive, aggressive representation is crucial. Without it, you risk missing out on much-needed damages. What’s more, a lack of legal assistance may leave you struggling to find a sense of justice or closure. Our Boise wrongful death attorneys can deliver all this and more.
Along the way, our lawyers will provide the confidence and compassion needed to make the legal process a little less stressful. You’ll feel far better knowing that you can turn to our wrongful death attorneys with any questions you may have. With Strong Law as your resource, you’ll receive prompt, accurate answers.
A WRONGFUL DEATH LAWSUIT CAN PROVIDE COMPENSATION TO FAMILY MEMBERS
While it’s natural to feel lonely after losing a friend or family member to negligence, you aren’t truly alone during these challenging times. The attorneys of Strong Law are happy to step in with empathetic guidance. Our lawyers are highly regarded throughout the Boise area, and with good reason — they boast a strong track record with wrongful death cases.
If you’re ready to move forward with your wrongful death case, you’ll begin by meeting with our trusted legal team. We’ll discuss the specifics of your case to get a better sense of your situation, your goals, and your preferred legal approach. From there, we customize our service so as to best meet your unique needs.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT BOISE WRONGFUL DEATH CASES
Our wrongful death lawyers are aware that after a loved one’s death you may have many questions and concerns, all while you also deal with your grief. Being better informed may help set your mind at ease about moving forward with a wrongful death lawsuit. The following are answers to common questions our clients often ask:
What are primary and secondary beneficiaries?
Are punitive damages available for Boise wrongful death cases?
What is SB 5163? How does it impact my wrongful death case?
What is the statute of limitations for wrongful death in Idaho State?
What is a survival action? How does it differ from a wrongful death lawsuit?
TYPES OF WRONGFUL DEATH CASES
A variety of negligent activities and behaviors can lead to the untimely loss of a loved one. These can be attributed to both businesses and individuals. They may occur at business premises, medical facilities, or on the road — and may result from unsafe settings or products. Common examples include:
- Nursing home abuse. Negligence and mistreatment are tragically common in nursing homes and other residential facilities. Wrongful death cases may involve either purposeful actions — such as the use of excessive restraint — or inaction, leading to anything from starvation to deadly infections.
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. If a crash occurs due to speeding, drinking while driving, or other reckless behaviors, the driver may be held responsible. Likewise, wrongful death cases can involve vehicle manufacturers, as was famously the case for the Ford Pinto.
- Slip and fall. Grocery stores, gas stations, and a variety of other businesses expose patrons to considerable danger when they fail to maintain safe surfaces that minimize the risk of tripping or slipping. Unfortunately, puddles, uneven floorboards, torn carpet, and ice are all common causes of falls. When these problems lead to broken hips or concussions, they can prove deadly.
- Medical malpractice. Wrongful death is tragically common within medical facilities, where negligent health care professionals can leave patients prone to a variety of deadly problems. These include misdiagnosis, improper prescriptions, surgical errors, or hospital-acquired infections. When vulnerable patients are involved, even seemingly minor errors may lead to preventable fatalities.
”Highly Recommend to anyone in need of a law firm! Katrina was great the entire process, always quick to respond when I had questions and great at explaining everything. Great experience” – Shannon Carroll (Google Review)