CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in one of the many crashes on Tacoma roadways, you need to work with a Tacoma car accident lawyer immediately. After you get medical attention and report the accident to your insurance company, an attorney should be contacted as soon as possible.
The car accident lawyers at Strong Law can help you get compensation for your injuries and losses through insurance or a personal injury lawsuit. We know the complexities of Washington law, and how to deal with the insurance companies and their attorneys, the courts, and the system. We take the burden off you so you can concentrate on your recovery.
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS TODAY
Insurance companies are out for profit and will try to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. We are aware of the tactics they use and know how to negotiate on your behalf. Our Tacoma car accident attorneys will fight to get you a fair settlement that covers both your economic and non-economic damages.
Contacting an experienced car accident lawyer can help protect your rights and make sure you have someone advocating on your behalf. Strong Law has offices in Tacoma, Washington; Portland, Oregon; and Salt Lake City, Utah. You can reach our car accident attorneys at 206-741-1053.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Get Compensation for Devastating Injuries
Victims of a car accident can suffer injuries which can leave them with long-term pain, scars, and the potential of weeks, or months, of being unable to work. Your family’s financial future can be jeopardized due to…
- Expenses associated with medical care
- Loss of income
- Additional unexpected expenses due to needed household help.
No one should be put in financial peril because of someone else’s negligence. As soon as possible after a car accident, victims should contact a car accident attorney for help. Rather than attempt to negotiate with an insurance company on your own, let someone who is committed to getting the maximum possible compensation for your injuries advocate on your behalf.
Why Our Car Accident Lawyers in Tacoma Must Prove Liability
To win your car accident lawsuit, our car accident attorneys will have to show that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and at fault, and therefore liable for the accident. The following are necessary elements to prove liability:
- The defendant had a duty of care not to harm you,
- The party violated that duty,
- This violation caused your injuries, and
- You suffered damages as a result.
There may be multiple parties responsible for the accident in addition to the other driver, and your lawsuit should name them all, as they all may have assets and insurance.
To prove negligence, our Strong Law attorneys would:
- Investigate the circumstance of your accident and gather evidence such as videos from traffic cameras and police and medical reports
- Interview eyewitnesses, police, and first responders
- Utilize expert witnesses to reconstruct the accident and testify on your behalf.
Call Strong Law at 206-741-1053 today to get started, while evidence is still available.
QUESTIONS CLIENTS ASK OUR TACOMA CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Nearly every victim of a car accident asks some of the following questions when they meet with a car accident lawyer.
Do I need to hire a Tacoma car accident lawyer to get a settlement?
How much can I collect for my injuries following a Tacoma car accident?
If the other driver was clearly at fault why do I need a car accident lawyer?
The insurance company sent me a settlement offer — should I accept?
Will I have to go to court?
WHAT YOU DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN TACOMA CAN IMPACT YOUR CASE
Following a car accident, victims should take the following steps and heed these warnings:
- Seek medical attention – Even when you think your injuries are minor, get immediate medical attention.
- Notify your insurance company — Use caution when speaking with insurers to make sure you do not accept any blame for the accident.
- Keep track of your progress and setbacks — As you recover, keep track of any progress you make recovering from your injuries, as well as any setbacks you may experience.
There are important reasons for these steps. Proving your injuries requires medical documentation. When speaking with an insurance adjuster, if you accept any responsibility it could impact your ability to get a fair settlement. Finally, your car accident lawyer will need information about your recovery and setbacks to strengthen your legal claim.
Our Tacoma Car Accident Attorneys Explain Insurance Negotiations
Since drivers are required to carry only a minimum auto insurance policy which covers $25,000 in bodily injury insurance, if an insurer can pay out this amount that is all they will pay. When you are involved in an accident which results in serious injury, you may be able to be compensated for:
- Lost Wages — whether you are out of work for a couple of weeks, a few months, or your injuries require you to be out of work permanently, you are entitled to be compensated for your wage losses. If you cannot return to work, your car accident lawyers in Tacoma can estimate how much you could potentially lose in wages and benefits.
- Medical Expenses — in addition to the medical bills for your treatment immediately following an accident, you can also seek compensation for specialized tests, transportation to and from medical visits, and prescription medications.
- Home Modifications — if your home requires modification so you can stay at home while recovering, you may be able to hold the responsible parties financially responsible for the costs of these modifications.
- Other Possible Compensation — every case is different, and it is important for you to have a skilled health care team address your physical condition following a car accident. If you are unable to return to work, you may be entitled to get compensation for vocational rehabilitation and other expenses which you may incur as a result of your injuries. In extreme cases, we may be able to seek punitive damages.
These are only some of the types of compensation you can recover following a car accident in Tacoma. While no car accident lawyer can guarantee you a specific amount of compensation, you should not have to bear the financial burden of another driver’s negligent behavior.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT TACOMA CAR ACCIDENT INJURY CASES
According to the Tacoma traffic reporting system, in the first 10 months of 2020 there were more than 3,000 crashes on Tacoma roadways. While some accidents were minor, resulting in only property damage, there were more than 1,000 injuries reported. Unfortunately, more than 10 people lost their lives as well.
While every accident case is different, there are a few things that are standard in nearly every injury case. Victims of a car accident have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit. The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit is two years in Washington. While this may sound like a long time, there are some important issues to resolve before a suit is ready to go to court.
When a car accident occurs, there may be cameras in the area which can help identify the cause of the accident. Film from traffic cameras, cameras on storefronts, and ATM cameras is often overwritten within days of being recorded. Contacting a Tacoma car accident lawyer as soon after an accident as possible can ensure that such evidence is preserved.
Victims of a car accident should document any physical changes they are dealing with during their recovery. This can be important, because over the course of a couple of weeks following an accident, you may see signs or symptoms which indicate you have a more serious injury than was first thought. Should this occur, make sure you follow up with your healthcare team.