Personal Injury Lawyers in Tacoma
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury or a death occurred due to someone else’s negligence or fault, it is a traumatic, devastating experience for the entire family. A serious personal injury can bring physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering, in addition to the financial costs of medical, hospital, and rehabilitative bills and property damage that result, at a time you may not be in any condition to work.
While financial compensation will not make up for the ordeal you are going through, a Tacoma personal injury lawyer at Strong Law can help you win a settlement that will at least alleviate your monetary problems. By filing a personal injury lawsuit, we can fight for compensation that will allow you to concentrate on getting well and rebuilding your life and future.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm in Tacoma Provides Caring Representation for Injured Individuals
After an accident, it can be overwhelming to have to deal with the thought of a lawsuit. When you call our Tacoma personal injury lawyers, you no longer have to worry. We will take the burden off you by handling all investigations and legal hurdles involved with your case so you can focus on your recovery. We will deal with insurance companies and their attorneys, who want to get you to accept the lowest settlement possible, so you won’t have to
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the facts of what happened and determine the best way to proceed with getting you the compensation you deserve. There are no fees to you until we win a settlement, so call Strong Law at 206-741-1053 to get started.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Tacoma Work for You
Personal injury law in Washington State is complicated, and making mistakes can be costly or even cause your claim to be denied, so it makes sense to get help from a knowledgeable personal injury attorney and not try to go it on your own. When you contact Strong Law Firm, we know the law, courts, and system, and how insurance companies operate. We will get to work immediately while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be located.
We can help by:
- Listening to your version of what happened to determine how the accident occurred and who was responsible
- Making sure you get the right medical care and your injuries are documented
- Investigating the accident scene and gathering evidence, such as surveillance videos, and police and medical reports
- Interviewing eyewitnesses and first responders
- Filing all paperwork in accordance with Washington deadlines and court requirements
- Hiring experts to reconstruct the crash scene and to provide testimony
- Determining what your case may be worth
- Negotiating with insurance companies and their attorneys for a fair settlement
- Taking your case to trial and advocating for you in front of a jury if necessary.
At Strong Law, you can count on our Tacoma legal team to be there for you, answering your questions and keeping you informed throughout the entire process.
Damages Our Personal Injury Attorney Can Win for You
In a successful case in Washington state, our attorneys can win a settlement that covers both our economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages – are for your expenses that have an actual dollar value, such as:
- medical and rehabilitative bills
- lost wages and earnings from being unable to work and lost business opportunities
- property damage
- burial costs
- costs of substitute domestic services.
- pain and suffering
- loss of companionship or consortium
- disability or disfigurement
- mental or emotional distress
- injury to reputation and humiliation
- destruction of the parent-child relationship.
Amounts of Damage Awards in a Personal Injury Case
The amount of damages awarded for personal injury can vary greatly, from thousands to millions of dollars, depending on the specific factors of your individual case. Consideration is made for:
- the circumstances of the accident and degree of fault of the negligent parties
- the amount of property damage and the costs you incur
- the severity and permanence of your injuries
- whether you will need continuing care
- whether you can return to work in the future
- the availability of insurance and assets of the defendants
- the individual judge and jury involved
- how well your attorney can negotiate a settlement or litigate your case.
According to Washington statute RCW 4.56.260, there are limits to noneconomic damages awards. Limits are set by multiplying 0.43 by the average annual wage and by the life expectancy of the person incurring noneconomic damages. However, this figure for life expectancy shall not be less than fifteen years, and juries are not to be informed of the limitation.
When you contact us, our Strong Law attorneys can provide an estimate of what your case should be worth. No matter what the situation, we know how to build strong cases that take into account all of your expenses and damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Must Prove Negligence
To win your case, our personal injury lawyers must prove that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent or at fault for causing the injuries you received.
Proving negligence legally means showing the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty by actions or failure to act.
- Cause: The defendant’s breach caused your injuries.
- Damage: You suffered damages as a result.
Everyone has a duty of care to act responsibly to avoid harming others. Examples of breaching duty and causing harm include:
- A drunk driver ran a red light and crashed into your car.
- A surgeon amputated the wrong limb.
- Your car’s airbags were defective and sent metal through your body.
Regardless of the cause, we will strive to find all liable parties and hold them responsible.
Common Questions Clients Ask Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Tacoma
Suffering from a severe personal injury can leave you with many questions. Here are answers to some common questions we have heard at Strong Law.
What does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Tacoma?
What if I am partially to blame for the accident?
Is there a time limit for filing a case?
Who can be held liable in a personal injury claim?
What if a death occurs from the injury?