A Dog Bite Lawyer Can Help After an Attack
If you or a loved one suffered an injury after being attacked by a dog, you should work with a Boise dog bite lawyer immediately after seeking medical attention for your injuries. Being attacked by a dog is a frightening and traumatizing experience that may result in serious injuries, disfigurement, or even death. The dog bite lawyers at Strong Law can help you get compensation for your injuries and losses through insurance or a lawsuit. We know the ins and outs of Idaho dog bite law and will handle all legal hurdles involved to take the burden off you so you can concentrate on your recovery.
OUR DOG BITE INJURY LAWYERS CAN PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS TODAY
Dog owners will try to avoid liability by alleging the attack was your fault, and insurance companies are out for profit and will try to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. Our Boise dog bite attorneys are aware of these tactics and know how to fight to get you a fair settlement.
Contacting an experienced dog bite lawyer in Boise can help protect your rights and ensure that you have someone advocating on your behalf. The attorneys at Strong Law offer a free consultation to discuss the facts of your case, explain your options, and show you how we can help, so call us at 206-741-1053 today.FREE CONSULTATION
Our Boise Dog Bite Lawyers Can Get Compensation for Devastating Injuries
Victims of a dog attack can suffer injuries which can leave them emotionally traumatized, with long-term pain, scars, disfigurement, and the potential of weeks or months of being unable to work. You may be faced with:
- Mounting medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Additional expenses from needing household help.
As soon as possible after a dog bite, contact our dog bite attorneys for help getting compensation for your losses.
Our Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in Boise Know the Law
The good news for dog bite victims is that Idaho is a “strict liability” state when it comes to dog bite injury liability. This means that a dog owner may be liable for injuries the first time a dog bites, even if the owner had no reason to know the dog might bite someone.
You do not have to prove that the dog was vicious to hold the owner liable – the owner is required to pay for the damages you received as a result of the attack, as long as you did not provoke the attack and were not trespassing.
In addition, dog owners may be liable for personal injury negligence in some cases, such as if they knew that the dog had a propensity for dangerous behavior.
WHAT IDAHO DOG BITE LAW SAYS
Dog bite law is set out in the Revised Code of Washington, Section 16.08.040, as follows:
“The owner of any dog which shall bite any person while such person is in or on a public place or lawfully in or on a private place including the property of the owner of such dog, shall be liable for such damages as may be suffered by the person bitten, regardless of the former viciousness of such dog or the owner’s knowledge of such viciousness.”
The exception to this is if the attack was due to the lawful application of a police dog.
QUESTIONS CLIENTS ASK OUR BOISE DOG BITE LAWYERS
Nearly every victim of a dog bite asks some of the following questions when they meet with a dog bite lawyer. Our Strong Law legal team will be happy to answer any additional questions and concerns you may have, so call us today at 206-741-1053.
Are dog bite attacks covered by insurance?
Do I need to hire a Boise dog bite lawyer to get a settlement?
How much can I collect for my injuries following a Boise dog bite?
How will the dog owner and their insurance companies try to avoid paying and how will a dog bite lawyer help?
The insurance company sent me a settlement offer — should I accept?
Will I Have to Go to Court?
What You and Our Boise Dog Bite Injury Attorneys Can Do to Help
What you do right after you suffer a dog bite can impact your case. Following a dog bite, victims should take the following steps and heed these warnings:
- Seek medical attention – Even when you think your injuries are minor, get immediate medical attention. You may wind up with an infection, problems with wound healing, or more serious injuries if they are neglected.
- Identify the dog and dog owner – To prove liability, you must be able to identify the dog that attacked you and locate the dog owner. Get the owner’s name, contact information, address, and any insurance information.
- Get witness information – If there are any witnesses, get their contact information as well.
- Gather evidence — If possible, take photos of the attack scene and your injuries, and gather evidence such as ripped clothing.
- Document injuries and progress — Take photos of your injuries at different stages and keep a journal to document problems such as pain and lack of sleep or difficulty walking.
- Report the incident — Report the incident to local animal control. This can help your case should a lawsuit be necessary.
- Contact our dog bite attorney – The sooner you call Strong Law, the sooner we can get to work for you while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found. Also, Idaho has a “statute of limitations,” a deadline for filing personal injury claims including lawsuits filed after a dog bite. Claims generally must be filed within three years of the injury or the courts will likely refuse to hear the case.
HOW OUR DOG BITE ATTORNEYS IN BOISE HELP GET THE BEST SETTLEMENT
When you hire us to fight for you, our dog bite attorneys in Boise immediately go to work on your behalf. We will:
- Discuss the facts of your case to determine what happened and the best approach to take. If there was negligence involved, it may be possible to file a personal injury case for your economic and non-economic damages. In other cases, going through insurance may be the best option.
- Gather evidence such as police and medical reports and videos from surveillance cameras.
- Interview witnesses and first responders.
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies to fight for the best settlement.
- Work expert witnesses to testify as to the detrimental effects of the attack on your life and health.
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”