A Dog Bite Lawyer Can Help After an Attack
If you or a loved one suffered an injury after being attacked by a dog, you should work with a Boise dog bite lawyer immediately after seeking medical attention for your injuries. Being attacked by a dog is a frightening and traumatizing experience that may result in serious injuries, disfigurement, or even death. The dog bite lawyers at Strong Law can help you get compensation for your injuries and losses through insurance or a lawsuit. We know the ins and outs of Idaho dog bite law and will handle all legal hurdles involved to take the burden off you so you can concentrate on your recovery.
OUR DOG BITE INJURY LAWYERS CAN PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS TODAY
Dog owners will try to avoid liability by alleging the attack was your fault, and insurance companies are out for profit and will try to get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. Our Boise dog bite attorneys are aware of these tactics and know how to fight to get you a fair settlement.
Contacting an experienced dog bite lawyer in Boise can help protect your rights and ensure that you have someone advocating on your behalf. The attorneys at Strong Law offer a free consultation to discuss the facts of your case, explain your options, and show you how we can help, so call us at 206-741-1053 today.
Our Boise Dog Bite Lawyers Can Get Compensation for Devastating Injuries
Victims of a dog attack can suffer injuries which can leave them emotionally traumatized, with long-term pain, scars, disfigurement, and the potential of weeks or months of being unable to work. You may be faced with:
- Mounting medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Additional expenses from needing household help.
As soon as possible after a dog bite, contact our dog bite attorneys for help getting compensation for your losses.
Our Dog Bite Injury Lawyers in Boise Know the Law
The good news for dog bite victims is that Idaho is a “strict liability” state when it comes to dog bite injury liability. This means that a dog owner may be liable for injuries the first time a dog bites, even if the owner had no reason to know the dog might bite someone.
You do not have to prove that the dog was vicious to hold the owner liable – the owner is required to pay for the damages you received as a result of the attack, as long as you did not provoke the attack and were not trespassing.
In addition, dog owners may be liable for personal injury negligence in some cases, such as if they knew that the dog had a propensity for dangerous behavior.
WHAT IDAHO DOG BITE LAW SAYS
Dog bite law is set out in the Revised Code of Washington, Section 16.08.040, as follows:
“The owner of any dog which shall bite any person while such person is in or on a public place or lawfully in or on a private place including the property of the owner of such dog, shall be liable for such damages as may be suffered by the person bitten, regardless of the former viciousness of such dog or the owner’s knowledge of such viciousness.”
The exception to this is if the attack was due to the lawful application of a police dog.
QUESTIONS CLIENTS ASK OUR BOISE DOG BITE LAWYERS
Nearly every victim of a dog bite asks some of the following questions when they meet with a dog bite lawyer. Our Strong Law legal team will be happy to answer any additional questions and concerns you may have, so call us today at 206-741-1053.
Are dog bite attacks covered by insurance?
In Idaho State, the dog owner is responsible for paying for your injuries, and if they have homeowner’s or renter’s insurance, this insurance should cover your claim. If the costs of your claim are greater than the insurance coverage, the dog owner will be responsible for the difference.
Do I need to hire a Boise dog bite lawyer to get a settlement?
You are free to negotiate with the dog owner and insurance company on your own, however chances are your claim will be taken more seriously when you have a dog bite attorney on your side. Insurance company adjusters will attempt to get you to accept a smaller settlement than you might be entitled to. An experienced dog bite lawyer will fight to get you as much as possible.
How much can I collect for my injuries following a Boise dog bite?
Settlement amounts for victims of a Boise dog bite attack vary greatly, depending on the factors involved including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether you have permanent disfigurement
- The costs of medical treatment and need for rehabilitation
- The time and money you lose from being unable to work
- The long-term outlook for your recovery.
How will the dog owner and their insurance companies try to avoid paying and how will a dog bite lawyer help?
The insurance company will attempt to shift the blame from their client to the victim to avoid paying out a claim. They will try to prove that you did something to provoke the dog into attacking or that the attack happened while you were trespassing on private property. Our attorneys will anticipate these tactics and produce evidence to refute these allegations.
The insurance company sent me a settlement offer — should I accept?
Insurance companies like to pressure you into quickly accepting a low-ball offer. Before you accept any offer, make sure to have it reviewed by a Boise dog bite attorney. Once you accept an offer, you generally will be forfeiting your right to ask for additional compensation should your losses exceed the offered amount. This is a fairly common tactic — insurers know if they can get you to settle early, they are off the hook for future losses.
Will I Have to Go to Court?
In most cases, dog bite cases are settled out of court. Our Strong Law dog bite attorneys will have a good idea of what your case is worth and will negotiate for a fair settlement. If negotiations break down and we have to file a lawsuit, there is still a good chance that we can reach a settlement before the case goes to trial. However, we are fully prepared to do so if necessary.
What You and Our Boise Dog Bite Injury Attorneys Can Do to Help
What you do right after you suffer a dog bite can impact your case. Following a dog bite, victims should take the following steps and heed these warnings:
- Seek medical attention – Even when you think your injuries are minor, get immediate medical attention. You may wind up with an infection, problems with wound healing, or more serious injuries if they are neglected.
- Identify the dog and dog owner – To prove liability, you must be able to identify the dog that attacked you and locate the dog owner. Get the owner’s name, contact information, address, and any insurance information.
- Get witness information – If there are any witnesses, get their contact information as well.
- Gather evidence — If possible, take photos of the attack scene and your injuries, and gather evidence such as ripped clothing.
- Document injuries and progress — Take photos of your injuries at different stages and keep a journal to document problems such as pain and lack of sleep or difficulty walking.
- Report the incident — Report the incident to local animal control. This can help your case should a lawsuit be necessary.
- Contact our dog bite attorney – The sooner you call Strong Law, the sooner we can get to work for you while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found. Also, Idaho has a “statute of limitations,” a deadline for filing personal injury claims including lawsuits filed after a dog bite. Claims generally must be filed within three years of the injury or the courts will likely refuse to hear the case.
HOW OUR DOG BITE ATTORNEYS IN BOISE HELP GET THE BEST SETTLEMENT
When you hire us to fight for you, our dog bite attorneys in Boise immediately go to work on your behalf. We will:
- Discuss the facts of your case to determine what happened and the best approach to take. If there was negligence involved, it may be possible to file a personal injury case for your economic and non-economic damages. In other cases, going through insurance may be the best option.
- Gather evidence such as police and medical reports and videos from surveillance cameras.
- Interview witnesses and first responders.
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies to fight for the best settlement.
- Work expert witnesses to testify as to the detrimental effects of the attack on your life and health.
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
“I hired Strong Law after my car accident. Jed and his team worked hard on my case. They were professional and compassionate through my surgery and as I recovered, and they were awesome on communication. I got justice and awesome compensation. I would recommend Strong Law to anyone in my situation.”
– Rick R.
“I want to thank Jed and Tory of Strong Law for their outstanding help with my case. The attention to details and keeping me informed at all times made for a positive outcome. Thank you again for your help, determination, and hard work. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone in need of an excellent lawyer.”
– Jaretta O.
“Unbelievable work! I had a claim involving my own insurance company. I tried to negotiate with them, and they completely denied my claim – two times. I then hired Strong Law, and the change was instant. The insurance company immediately began negotiating, and Jed was able to secure an unbelievably good settlement. I will never again attempt to take-on an insurance company without Strong Law in my corner. Thank you!”
– Jonathon S.
“Absolutely outstanding! I was involved in a motorcycle accident and Jed led the way! Definitely top notch! When it matters, call strong law!”
– Edwin S.
“While working a wrongful death case of my husband’s, throughout the legal process, Jed pursued every possible resource and angle to ensure that we would receive policy limits despite intense resistance from the representatives of the insurance companies. We are deeply grateful to him for the funds we received and the lasting friendship that grew out of the entire ordeal.”
COSTS OF HIRING A BOISE DOG BITE INJURY ATTORNEY
Victims of dog bites are rightfully concerned about how they will pay for a Boise dog bite lawyer. When you contact the Strong Law Firm, there’s no need to worry as you will be able to discuss your case during a free, no-obligation consultation.
You pay no legal fees up front as we work on a contingency basis. Unless we are successful in obtaining a settlement on your behalf, we do not collect any legal fees. Once we settle your case, we will take our fee from the settlement.
Your dog bite lawyer will work closely with you to determine your damages and the minimum amount you are willing to accept as a settlement. You remain in control of whether an offer should be accepted.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED DOG BITE ATTORNEYS TODAY
At Strong Law we are committed to providing outstanding service to victims of vicious dog bites. Our team will handle all legal aspects of your case while you work to restore your physical health. We have offices in Boise, Idaho; Tacoma, Washington; Portland, Oregon; and Salt Lake City, Utah. Call us at 206-741-1053 to get started.