Attacked By a Dog? We Can Help.
If you or a loved one has been assaulted by a dog and suffered an injury, seeking medical attention should be your priority. But don't forget to contact an Billings dog bite lawyer right away as the repercussions of such incidents can be life-altering - from serious injuries to disfigurement, even death in extreme cases. No one should have to live through this harrowing experience without legal representation! If you've suffered a dog bite, the great lawyers at Strong Law are here to help. We understand Montana's complex laws and regulations governing such cases, so we will manage all legal matters while freeing your time up for recovery. From insurance compensation to lawsuits and beyond, our team is ready to guide you through the process of seeking justice.
PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS WITH THE HELP OF OUR DOG BITE INJURY LAWYERS
Dog owners may try to blame you for the attack in an effort to avoid responsibility while insurance companies are looking out only for their own interests and might push you into settling quickly, at a lower price. Fortunately, our Billings dog bite attorneys understand these strategies and will fight vigorously on your behalf to ensure that you receive a fair settlement.
Contacting an experienced dog bite lawyer in Billings can help protect your rights and ensure that you have someone advocating on your behalf. The attorneys at Strong Law offer a free consultation to discuss the facts of your case, explain your options, and show you how we can help, so call us at 206-741-1053 today.FREE CONSULTATION
Our Billings Dog Bite Lawyers Can Help You Secure Deserved Compensation for Devastating Injuries
Dog attacks can result in severe physical and psychological harm, including long-term pain, disfigurement, scarring and the potential loss of wages due to an inability to work for weeks or even months. Victims often experience intense emotional trauma as a consequence. You may be faced with:
- Mounting medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Additional expenses from needing household help.
As soon as possible after a dog bite, contact our dog bite attorneys for help getting compensation for your losses.
Our Billings Dog Bite Injury Lawyers Know the Laws
Dog bite victims in Montana can find comfort in the fact that this is a “strict liability” state when it comes to dog bites. This implies that an owner of a canine will be held accountable for any injury, even if they had no idea their pet was aggressive. In other words, you don’t have to prove negligence on behalf of the animal’s guardian – all that needs to be shown is that someone has been injured as a result of being bitten by the dog and they are entitled to compensation!
You don’t need to prove that the dog was vicious for the owner to be liable – as long as you didn’t provoke or trespass on their property, they’re accountable for any losses incurred from the attack.
Moreover, pet owners can be held liable for personal injury negligence if they were aware that their dog was prone to aggressive behavior.
WHAT DO MONTANA DOG BITE LAW SAY?
If a dog bite occurs in Montana, the pet owner is responsible for any damages caused, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. In some cases, the victim may be entitled to additional compensation if the dog owner’s behavior was particularly negligent, such as if they failed to keep their dog on a leash in a public area.
In addition to the civil liability, a dog owner can also face criminal charges for a dog bite. If the dog has a history of aggressive behavior, the owner could face charges of reckless or intentional harm. These charges could result in fines, jail time, or even the dog’s euthanasia in extreme cases.
FAQ’s FOR BILLINGS DOG BITE LAWYERS
Nearly every victim of a dog bite asks some of the following questions when they meet with a dog bite lawyer. Our Strong Law legal team will be happy to answer any additional questions and concerns you may have, so call us today at 206-741-1053.
Are dog bite attacks covered by insurance?
Do I need to hire a Billings dog bite lawyer to get a settlement?
How much can I collect for my injuries following a Billings dog bite?
How will the dog owner and their insurance companies try to avoid paying and how will a dog bite lawyer help?
The insurance company sent me a settlement offer — should I accept?
Will I Have to Go to Court?
What types of injuries do we see from dog bites?
How Can You Help Your Attorney with Your Dog Bite Case?
What you do right after you suffer a dog bite can impact your case. Following a dog bite, victims should take the following steps and heed these warnings:
- Seek medical attention – Even when you think your injuries are minor, get immediate medical attention. You may wind up with an infection, problems with wound healing, or more serious injuries if they are neglected.
- Identify the dog and dog owner – To prove liability, you must be able to identify the dog that attacked you and locate the dog owner. Get the owner’s name, contact information, address, and any insurance information.
- Get witness information – If there are any witnesses, get their contact information as well.
- Gather evidence — If possible, take photos of the attack scene and your injuries, and gather evidence such as ripped clothing.
- Document injuries and progress — Take photos of your injuries at different stages and keep a journal to document problems such as pain and lack of sleep or difficulty walking.
- Report the incident — Report the incident to local animal control. This can help your case should a lawsuit be necessary.
- Contact our dog bite attorney – The sooner you call Strong Law, the sooner we can get to work for you while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found. Also, Montana has a “statute of limitations,” a deadline for filing personal injury claims including lawsuits filed after a dog bite. Claims generally must be filed within three years of the injury or the courts will likely refuse to hear the case.
GETTING YOU THE BEST SETTLEMENT FOR YOUR BILLINGS DOG BITE INJURIES
When you hire us to fight for you, our dog bite attorneys in Billings immediately go to work on your behalf. We will:
- Discuss the facts of your case to determine what happened and the best approach to take. If there was negligence involved, it may be possible to file a personal injury case for your economic and non-economic damages. In other cases, going through insurance may be the best option.
- Gather evidence such as police and medical reports and videos from surveillance cameras.
- Interview witnesses and first responders.
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies to fight for the best settlement.
- Work expert witnesses to testify as to the detrimental effects of the attack on your life and health.
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”