Renton, WA, Car Accident Lawyers
When someone hits you with their vehicle, you may suffer injuries like minor cuts and scrapes, or you could suffer catastrophic injuries. The at-fault driver, or their insurance company, should pay for your medical expenses and other damages. Our Renton, WA car accident attorneys can help you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
After an accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance company is usually responsible for paying damages. However, insurance companies will certainly try to avoid paying a claim; and they’re notorious for offering minimal amounts to settle.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident, contact one of our Renton, WA car accident lawyers at Strong Law at 206-741-1053 for a free case evaluation and assistance in dealing with insurers.
Our Renton, WA, Car Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights
Injuries are common in car accidents. It is important to prepare for the worst. Injuries can result not only from the accident itself, but also from angry or aggressive people in these situations.
Our Renton, WA, car accident lawyers can help you to create a plan for recovery after an accident. We understand what it takes to ensure that you are properly represented. Our experienced legal team will provide you with comprehensive attention and care regarding your case.
What’s more, our car accident attorneys can assist you in getting compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering if you have been involved in a car accident that was caused by another driver. We will assist you no matter what type of accident occurs.
Our Renton, WA, car accident attorneys will examine your case in order to prove liability for the other party. This may mean that you are entitled to punitive damages in order to recover your losses.
It is crucial to understand all aspects of your rights following an injury. Understanding how insurance works and the laws that govern filing a claim following an auto accident is important.
There are time limits on insurance claims and information that must be given to be able to file them. Our Renton, WA, attorneys are essential if you don’t have all the information. They can guide you through every step and make sure that you understand your legal rights and personal finances.
Proving Liability in a Renton, WA, Car Accident
Our Experienced Attorneys Know How to Show Who Was At Fault
In some cases, it is obvious who was at fault in a car accident. In other cases, your attorney might have to retain private investigators to determine who was at fault in the car accident. While the police report can point to liability, it is not the only tool a car accident lawyer in Renton will use.
To recover damages in a car accident, you must be able to show that the other driver met the four elements to prove liability. Those elements are:
- The driver – also known as the defendant – had a duty of care not to harm you.
- The driver violated that duty.
- The driver’s actions caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages as a result of those actions.
More than one person could meet these elements – and if they do, they are also responsible for your injuries and other damages.
To help prove who shares in the liability for the damages you can collect, our Renton car accident lawyers will investigate the accident scene and use expert witnesses to recreate the accident, when necessary. Our attorneys will also interview first responders, police officers and other witnesses who were at the scene of the accident.
What Kind of Car Accidents Can Cause Injuries?
Any car accident in Renton, WA could cause injuries to those involved. The extent of those injuries depends on how a vehicle hits you, the speed at which the vehicles collide, your health at the time of the vehicle accident, and several other factors.
Types of car accident injuries include:
- Multi-vehicle accidents.
- T-bone accidents. A T-bone is when another vehicle rams into the side of your car while it is heading straight at you.
- Sideswipe accidents. These happen when two vehicles contact each other on the side. They may occur when both vehicles are traveling in the same direction, and one merges into the other. However, a vehicle coming toward you could sideswipe you as it passes you.
- Head-on wrecks. Generally, these wrecks happen when someone in the other lane crosses into your lane while approaching you from the front. Head-on accidents often cause catastrophic injuries.
- Rear-end crashes. In most cases, someone might rear-end you while you are at a stoplight or stop sign. However, someone who is speeding could ram into the back of you if they tailgate or are following too closely at higher speeds and try to get around you without allowing enough room.
- Rollover accidents. A rollover accident could happen because someone hit you and caused your vehicle to roll over, or it could happen if you hit debris in the road, drive recklessly, or speed excessively.
- Drunk driving accidents.
- Drugged driving accidents.
- Distracted driving accidents.
- Speeding, including excessive speeding, accidents.
- Reckless driving accidents.
- Hit and run accidents.
People who are drunk or drugged behind the wheel are most likely also driving recklessly or with excessive speed. If you notice a driver that doesn’t look as though he or she is driving in a safe manner, hang back or, if you are on a highway, get off at the next exit and take a break for a few minutes. Hopefully, by the time you get back on the highway, the driver will have exited or will be far enough ahead of you so that you have plenty of warning if he or she wrecks.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Renton, WA
In many cases, your injuries could prevent you from doing anything after a car accident. However, if you feel that you can move around without causing additional harm to yourself, you should take the following steps after a car wreck:
- Call first responders and check on others involved in the wreck.
- Obtain the other drivers’ contact information, insurance information and registration information.
- Speak to witnesses. First, obtain a good phone number from anyone who witnessed the accident. You can also ask a witness what he or she saw. If you do, be sure to take notes about which witness said what.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Be sure to get pictures from all angles and include any damage to the road, fences, property, poles and other items your vehicle or other vehicles damaged in the wreck.
- Allow the emergency medical technicians to check you over, even if you believe your injuries are minor. Some injuries will not manifest for hours or even a day or two.
- After the police release you from the scene, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Let the medical personnel know that you were in an accident and you want to ensure that you do not have any injuries that have not manifested yet.
- Obtain copies of any medical records that are related to your car accident injuries.
- Obtain a copy of the police report.
- Contact our car accident attorneys in Renton, WA.
Why You Need Car Accident Lawyers in Renton, WA
Our Renton, WA, car accident lawyers provide many vital services to people involved in car accidents. Our lawyers will help you receive the compensation you need for your injuries when you hire us to represent you.
We can help with any issues that arise from an accident. For example, we can collect the contact information of the other driver and any witnesses. If your policy doesn’t provide sufficient coverage for your injuries, our lawyers may be able to help you file an insurance claim.
Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help you navigate these cases. After being in an accident, there are many benefits to hiring a Renton car accident lawyer. Don’t hesitate — give us a shout.
We can begin building your case as soon as you contact us. It can take time to gather all the information necessary for your case. Contact our team now to discuss your car accident claim.
Finding the Right Car Accident Attorney
Keep in mind that not all attorneys charge the same amount for their services. Before you make your decision, be sure to understand which factors impact the cost. It should be easy to decide which lawyer is the right fit for you after interviewing each of them.
You may not have the time or energy for this type of research if you are like many car and truck accident victims. Strong Law is a trusted source for car accident lawyers who are experienced in handling personal injuries such as car accidents.
We are qualified to handle your case, and we will provide the expert advice you need. Our personal injuries lawyers in Renton, WA, know how to get the compensation you deserve to make your life better. We know that car accidents can lead to loss of wages and increased medical costs.
We won’t stop trying to get you compensation for your losses. We will fight for your rights and your interests. After a car accident, we know how difficult it can be. We are here to help you through this difficult time.
“I hired Strong Law after my car accident. Jed and his team worked hard on my case. They were professional and compassionate through my surgery and as I recovered, and they were awesome on communication. I got justice and awesome compensation. I would recommend Strong Law to anyone in my situation.”
– Rick R.
“I want to thank Jed and Tory of Strong Law for their outstanding help with my case. The attention to details and keeping me informed at all times made for a positive outcome. Thank you again for your help, determination, and hard work. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone in need of an excellent lawyer.”
– Jaretta O.
“Unbelievable work! I had a claim involving my own insurance company. I tried to negotiate with them, and they completely denied my claim – two times. I then hired Strong Law, and the change was instant. The insurance company immediately began negotiating, and Jed was able to secure an unbelievably good settlement. I will never again attempt to take-on an insurance company without Strong Law in my corner. Thank you!”
– Jonathon S.
“Absolutely outstanding! I was involved in a motorcycle accident and Jed led the way! Definitely top notch! When it matters, call strong law!”
– Edwin S.
“While working a wrongful death case of my husband’s, throughout the legal process, Jed pursued every possible resource and angle to ensure that we would receive policy limits despite intense resistance from the representatives of the insurance companies. We are deeply grateful to him for the funds we received and the lasting friendship that grew out of the entire ordeal.”
Call Strong Law Today
We invite you to get in touch with us if you were injured in a car accident. Our personal injury lawyers in Renton, WA, have extensive experience handling all types of car accidents and personal injury claims. To secure the legal counsel you deserve, call Strong Law at 206-741-1053 today.