Portland Car Accident Lawyers
Being injured in a car accident can be one of the most stressful things that happen in your life. Not only can the accident take a toll physically and psychologically, but you may also suffer financial difficulties because of the accident. You may be deciding to file a lawsuit against the person, or persons, who caused the accident. At Strong Law, our Portland, OR, car accident lawyers can help. We have been working with car accident victims for over 25 years.
Whether you have been in a minor car accident or one that has caused permanent injuries to you or a loved one, you should contact Strong Law right away. If you do not hire a lawyer, you may not get the highest compensation available to you. Similarly, not filing the right documents on time can result in your claim being thrown out.
Our experienced and knowledgeable lawyers will fight for your rights against lawyers from the other side as well as insurance companies. We work on a contingency basis, which means you only pay us if we recover money for your injuries. Give us a call at 206-741-1053.
Why You Should Choose Strong Law for Your Car Accident Case
While there are numerous car accident attorneys in Portland, it is imperative that you locate one that cares about your case, has experience fighting against insurance companies, and is knowledgeable about the law so that you can get paid for your injuries. Some of the reasons you should choose Strong Law for your car accident are:
- Experience is especially important when choosing a lawyer. Jed Strong, the founder of Strong Law worked for insurance companies before starting his law firm and uses this knowledge to fight for his clients.
- The lawyers at Strong Law care truly about our clients. We always work hard and diligently for our clients, which is shown by the numerous testimonials from our clients who discuss how we have assisted them with their car accident cases and achieved high results.
- We win 98% of our cases. That high percentage shows how important we care about our clients. The numbers speak for themselves, having won cases with payouts of over $1 million.
- We deal with insurance companies so that you do not have to. Trying to work with insurance companies on your own is incredibly stressful and, because of the accident, your life is stressful enough. Let us take the reins and put our inside knowledge of the insurance industry to work.
How Strong Law Helps You After Your Car Accident
There are certain steps that we take to make sure that your case comes out on your side. When you first call us, that starts the process of obtaining compensation for your injuries. After calling us, we will do the following:
- We will sit down with you and discuss the accident and all of the parties involved. We will talk about how the accident occurred and what types of damages we think you can recover from your injuries.
- We will gather all of the evidence in the case, including photos and videos from the scene of the accident as well as reports from the doctors who treated you and the police that were called to the scene.
- We will conduct interviews with all witnesses to the car accident, which also includes the medical responders.
- We will discuss your cases with car accident experts who provide the knowledge of damages, lost income due to loss of work, and other types of recoverable compensation. Experts can also help in concluding who was at fault for the car accident.
- As stated above, we will work with the insurance companies and other lawyers to make sure you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
- If we cannot settle your case with these parties, we will put your case together and take it to court.
Types of Compensation A Portland Car Accident Lawyer Can Recover for You
There are two types of damages that an injured person can recover when they are in a car accident: Economic damages, which cover the actual costs related to the accident; and Non-Economic Damages, which include other intangible costs, such as pain and suffering. We go over the two types of damages in detail below.
Economic Damages include the following:
- Medical Expenses – You may have high medical expenses due to the injuries you suffered in the car accident. These expenses include hospital visits, ambulance fees, physical therapy, and home health care. These types of economic damages also include future medical expenses.
- Lost Wages – You may be unable to work due to your car accident. Because of this, you may be entitled to compensation based on how much you earn presently and what you would have earned in the future. Our Portland Car Accident Lawyers will estimate the amount you will receive because of lost wages.
- Property Damage – Your car will most likely require repairs because of the accident. Or you may need to replace it altogether. You should be entitled to get compensation for the costs associated with property damage
- House Modifications – You may need to perform modifications to your home because of the injuries you suffered. You may be able to receive compensation for this from those who are responsible for your car accident.
Non-Economic damages include the following:
- Pain and Suffering – These are the most common non-economic damages that you can recover from your accident. You may be experiencing continuous pain from the car accident, both physical and emotional and you should be paid for that. Insurance companies are famous for not wanting to pay for these types of damages, but the Portland car accident lawyers at Strong Law will fight for these for you.
- Loss of Consortium – If you have lost a loved one in a car accident, you will not be able to enjoy the family relationship that you once had with them. They would have been alive if not for the accident and you should be compensated for this as well.
- Enjoyment of Life Loss – You may not be able to enjoy the hobbies that you once loved before the car accident. This may cause depression and anxiety, for which you should be compensated. While this may not be costly in the financial sense, your enjoyment of the activity has been taken away.
- Disfigurement – You may have been permanently disfigured due to the car accident and the at-fault party should have to pay you for the stress and psychological effects that this has had on you.
Damages are the most important part of your case because this determines how much money you will receive for your injuries. Our Portland car accident attorneys at Strong Law understand this and will strive to get you the maximum compensation for all damages, economic and non-economic. Give us a call at 206-741-1053 for a free consultation.
Portland Car Accident Attorneys Can Answer Your Important Questions
We are sure that you will have many questions after a traumatic car accident. While we will do our best to answer your specific questions when we first meet, here are some frequent questions we get from our clients.
How long do I have to file a claim?
According to Oregon Statute section 12.110, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. If a person dies because of an accident, the family has three years from the date of the injury for a wrongful death lawsuit.
What happens if the at-fault party does not have insurance?
If you have Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage, you can file a claim with your own insurance company. Just remember, your insurance company is now working against you as they want to pay out as little as possible.
Will I have to appear in court?
Most of the time, you will not have to attend court hearings. In actuality, you may not even have to file a lawsuit to get compensated for your injuries. Many of our cases settle before a lawsuit is started.
What if I am partially at fault for the car accident?
Oregon is a “modified comparative negligence state,” which means that you will be able to get compensated according to your percentage of fault. If your percentage of fault is greater than the other party, you will not be able to recover damages.
Do I really need an attorney for my case?
Technically, no. However, when you hire knowledgeable and experienced car accident attorneys in Portland, OR, you will probably obtain more compensation, because attorneys know how to negotiate for more damages and higher compensation. Also, you will not have to deal with insurance companies if you hire an attorney.
Should I speak with the insurance company?
It is always wise not to tell the insurance companies a lot of information. Also, if you have already hired an attorney to represent you, the insurance company should only be speaking to them. If you have not hired an attorney yet, give us a call at Strong Law.
While these are some of the most common questions that we get asked, your case will probably have specific issues that will need to be addressed. Contact our Portland car accident lawyers today at 206-741-1053.
Proving Negligence for Your Portland, OR, Car Accident Claim
When a party causes a car accident, he may be considered negligent and will have to pay damages to the injured person. In addition, the at-fault party may be considered grossly negligent, which is when the person has a disregard for the safety of others. Gross Negligence may include driving while intoxicated or driving recklessly. Even texting can be considered gross negligence.
What You Should Do After You Have Been in a Car Accident in Portland, OR
If you have been involved in a car accident, the steps that you take may have an impact on your case. You should take these steps following a car accident.
- Get Medical Help – Even if your injuries are minor, you should call 911 and get your injuries looked at. While your injuries may seem minor, they might lead to more serious issues later on.
- Contact Your Insurance Company – We know that dealing with your insurance company can be stressful, but it is important that they know about the accident. Only tell them that you have been involved in a car accident. Do not tell them specifics and if you are the cause of the accident.
- Record Everything – Take pictures and videos of the scene of the accident. Get the names and contact information of witnesses and police officers that have drafted a report.
- Keep All of Your Paperwork – Write down everything that deals with the accident, including visits to the doctor and how much money you are laying out for health appointments and car repairs.
Following these four steps can make a vast difference in the amount of damages you can get. Not having enough information about your case can lead you to get a small amount of compensation as opposed to the maximum amount.
“I hired Strong Law after my car accident. Jed and his team worked hard on my case. They were professional and compassionate through my surgery and as I recovered, and they were awesome on communication. I got justice and awesome compensation. I would recommend Strong Law to anyone in my situation.”
– Rick R.
“I want to thank Jed and Tory of Strong Law for their outstanding help with my case. The attention to details and keeping me informed at all times made for a positive outcome. Thank you again for your help, determination, and hard work. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone in need of an excellent lawyer.”
– Jaretta O.
“Unbelievable work! I had a claim involving my own insurance company. I tried to negotiate with them, and they completely denied my claim – two times. I then hired Strong Law, and the change was instant. The insurance company immediately began negotiating, and Jed was able to secure an unbelievably good settlement. I will never again attempt to take-on an insurance company without Strong Law in my corner. Thank you!”
– Jonathon S.
“Absolutely outstanding! I was involved in a motorcycle accident and Jed led the way! Definitely top notch! When it matters, call strong law!”
– Edwin S.
“While working a wrongful death case of my husband’s, throughout the legal process, Jed pursued every possible resource and angle to ensure that we would receive policy limits despite intense resistance from the representatives of the insurance companies. We are deeply grateful to him for the funds we received and the lasting friendship that grew out of the entire ordeal.”
Contact a Portland Car Accident Lawyer at Strong Law Today
Our Portland car accident attorneys at Strong Law know how to get results. We have been advocating for our clients for many years and genuinely care about our clients. Your job is to recover from your physical and psychological injuries and our job is to fight for your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you or your loved one were injured in a car accident, call Strong Law today at 206-741-1053 for a free consultation about your case.