Personal Injury Lawyer Oregon
Experiencing an injury or the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence can have a profound impact on your life. The financial burden of mounting medical bills, lost work hours, and other accident-related expenses can be overwhelming. That’s where Strong Law comes in. We have assisted countless personal injury clients in Oregon, helping them secure the maximum compensation they need to heal and move forward. Our team of personal injury lawyers is committed to fighting for your rights and providing exceptional legal representation that you can rely on.
At Strong Law Attorneys in Oregon, we are here to provide you with compassionate guidance and unwavering support. Our team of skilled personal injury lawyers is committed to assisting clients throughout the entire legal process following an accident. Our mission is to ensure that you receive the necessary help and support you rightfully deserve.
Personal Injury Offices in Oregon
- Lake Oswego
- Oregon City
Passionately Fighting to Get You Justice
We offer free consultations, and we charge no fees unless we win your case. Personal injuries can occur in various settings and result from the negligence or intentional harm inflicted upon an innocent individual. Some examples of personal injuries encompass medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, vehicle collisions, defective products, and workplace incidents. These incidents are not exhaustive but exemplify the range of situations where personal injuries may arise.
Legal Personal Injury Services in Oregon
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Brain Injury Lawyer
Types of Personal Injury Claims
There are countless circumstances in which you can be hurt due to no fault of your own. Common types of personal injury claims include:
- Auto accidents —Every day, countless individuals suffer injuries or lose their lives in car accidents. If you have been a victim of such a crash, you may have the right to seek justice by pursuing a personal injury lawsuit. This legal recourse aims to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for the damages incurred.
- Truck accidents — Given their substantial size and weight, crashes involving 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles have a higher likelihood of resulting in catastrophic injuries and fatalities.
- Motorcycle accidents — Motorcyclists, lacking the protective barrier of other motorists, face a heightened vulnerability to severe injury and even death. Furthermore, Oregon law does not mandate motorcyclists to carry medical benefits coverage or PIP, leaving them responsible for their own medical expenses. Our personal injury lawyers possess a profound understanding of the intricate facets surrounding motorcycle injury claims.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents — Bicyclists and pedestrians face a significant risk of severe injury or even death when involved in a collision with a motor vehicle. Regrettably, distracted driving frequently plays a significant role in causing these types of accidents. If you or a loved one has suffered harm or a tragic loss, we are here to offer our assistance.
- Premises liability — It is the duty of businesses and property owners to ensure the safety of their premises for all visitors. Failure to do so can result in potential liability for any resulting injuries. Premises liability claims encompass a variety of incidents, such as slips, trips, falls, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, and more.
- Defective products — Manufacturers, designers, distributors, and retailers are legally bound to ensure the safety of their products for consumers. If you have been injured as a result of a defective product, we can assess your situation and provide guidance on the available options.
- Third-party workers’ compensation claims — If you sustain an injury at work due to someone other than your employer or a co-employee, you may have the right to file a claim against that third party. Additionally, if an injury at work is caused by a defective tool, equipment, or product, you may be eligible to initiate a lawsuit against the designer, manufacturer, and/or distributor of that product for third-party injury compensation.
Types of Damages Recovered in Personal Injury Claims
Victims and their families often fail to fully grasp the profound financial, physical, and emotional toll that accompanies an accident. Severe or catastrophic injuries can disrupt one’s capacity to work, sustain an active lifestyle, and perform daily activities with ease. Moreover, living with chronic pain or disability poses a constant challenge, robbing individuals of the joys they once cherished.
Whether you’ve experienced an automobile collision or a slip-and-fall incident, the expenses of hospitalization, numerous surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation, medications, and other costs accumulate rapidly. Our team of personal injury attorneys comprehends the importance of factoring in long-term financial and emotional consequences when assessing the value of a claim.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When someone dies because of another’s negligence or intentional act, filing a claim for wrongful death damages may be appropriate. If you’ve lost a loved one, our personal injury attorneys can assess your case and determine whether you have a viable wrongful death claim.
Why Choose Strong Law?
Handling any injury case can swiftly become intricate, encompassing substantial damages. That’s precisely why having a lawyer from Strong Law by your side can make an immense impact on your recovery. At Strong Law, our Oregon attorneys possess vast trial experience, fearlessly confronting insurance companies and corporate giants, diligently advocating for our clients in the courtroom.
Our attorneys stand out due to their scientific background, providing them with a distinct edge over other lawyers. With this expertise, we are committed to maximizing our clients’ compensation in every case we undertake.
To alleviate your concerns, we operate on a contingency fee basis. What this entails is that you won’t be burdened with any legal fees for our services unless we successfully win your case. With the expertise of a skilled attorney from Strong Law, you can adeptly navigate your legal matters and obtain a just compensation for the damages sustained in your accident claim.
Recovering from an injury can be a frustrating and stressful experience, especially when dealing with insurance companies. Our team of attorneys is here to alleviate the burden, allowing you and your family to focus on healing. Unfortunately, insurance companies often attempt to minimize the severity of injuries or evade responsibility in order to pay as little as possible. However, we are well-versed in countering these tactics with determination. Our dedicated personal injury lawyers are unwavering in their pursuit of every available avenue for compensation, safeguarding both your health and financial well-being.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
Injury law encompasses civil claims against individuals or companies for physical injuries or illnesses resulting from negligence or a failure to exercise reasonable care. Various situations can lead to injuries, but it is necessary to establish the at-fault party’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing and demonstrate a connection between their actions and the plaintiff’s damages. A skilled Oregon personal injury attorney can assist in gathering the requisite evidence to support a personal injury claim, engaging expert witnesses to testify on behalf of the plaintiff, and negotiating with insurance companies on the client’s behalf. Your injury lawyer will facilitate settlement negotiations and, if necessary, represent you in a trial.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Oregon?
Not all injuries necessitate legal action. Nonetheless, even minor accidents resulting in minimal damage or medical expenses may warrant the assistance of an attorney to negotiate with uncooperative parties. If you have suffered severe injuries, required hospitalization, endured intense pain and emotional distress, or if your injuries impede your ability to work, it is imperative to engage a lawyer in Oregon to ensure you receive the maximum compensation suitable for your needs.
If another party is responsible for causing such harm to you or a loved one, an injury attorney can hold that party accountable for medical expenses, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and all other damages resulting from the defendant’s negligence.
What Is A Personal Injury Claim?
At Strong Law, our experienced attorneys handle a wide range of personal injury claims. Whether it’s a car accident, a dog bite injury, or a medical malpractice case, we have the expertise to assist you. Motor vehicle accidents are among the most common causes for personal injury claims, and our attorneys are dedicated to helping you identify and hold accountable any negligent drivers responsible for the damages.
Certain claims encompass severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, fractures, and burns. Our team of attorneys comprehends the profound impact these injuries have on victims and their loved ones. With our extensive expertise, we diligently explore all avenues to secure rightful compensation for our clients. Additionally, we possess experience in handling various other types of personal injury claims.
- We specialize in handling a variety of personal injury claims, including:
- Birth injury claims: If a newborn sustains injuries during or immediately after childbirth, we can help you seek compensation.
- Workplace injury claims: Our team provides assistance with workers’ compensation claims, ensuring you receive the support you deserve.
- Product liability claims: If you have been injured by a defective consumer product, we are here to hold the responsible party accountable.
- Wrongful death claims: In the unfortunate event that a personal injury results in the loss of a loved one, we can help you pursue a wrongful death claim.
Our goal is to provide expert guidance and support throughout the legal process, ensuring that your rights are protected and you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Injuries sustained in an accident can have long-lasting impacts on a victim’s life. While some wounds may heal with time and treatment, others, whether physical or psychological, may persist. Those who endure mental or emotional suffering may find themselves continually grappling with the pain of their trauma, affecting their relationships, friendships, work, and overall well-being.
Anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are common among individuals who have experienced severe injuries or traumatic events. Fortunately, relief from these symptoms and effective treatment can be achieved with the guidance of a licensed professional therapist. Just as seeking medical attention is crucial for physical injuries, those enduring mental or emotional anguish should seek the support of a therapist to embark on a journey towards healing and recovery.
Proving Negligence in a Lawsuit
Regardless of the nature of your personal injury claim, the legal proceedings will center around the concept of negligence. Negligence pertains to the failure of one party to exercise reasonable care in a given situation. For instance, a car driver carries the responsibility of exercising care towards other drivers on the road by adhering to speed limits and driving safely. Violating this duty of care would involve actions such as speeding or driving under the influence.
To secure a victory in your lawsuit, your attorney must establish four elements of negligence. The first element is duty, which requires proving that the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care in the given situation. The second element is breach, where the plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant failed to meet this duty of care, either through a specific action or non-action that could have been prevented by a reasonable person. Moving on to the third element, damages, the plaintiff must prove the extent of their injuries. It is important to note that without damages, there are no grounds for a personal injury lawsuit, even if the defendant acted negligently. The final element is causation, which involves establishing a connection between the defendant’s breached duty of care and the damages claimed in the lawsuit. For instance, if the plaintiff files a lawsuit for a back injury resulting from a car accident caused by the defendant, they must prove that the back injury was a direct result of the accident and not a preexisting condition.
How can an injury lawyer help their clients?
Injury lawyers offer legal representation and guidance to their clients throughout the entire process. From the initial risk-free consultation, an attorney’s role is to provide unwavering support, advocate for their clients’ rights, and pursue legal justice on their behalf. It is not the responsibility of a lawyer to pass judgment on their clients or disclose confidential information about them. If clients feel that their lawyer is not meeting their expectations or looking out for their best interests, it may be worth considering finding a new attorney. The attorney-client relationship is pivotal to the success of the case, and injury lawyers strive to diligently work so that their clients can prioritize their health and recovery following their injuries.
If you are in need of legal representation for an upcoming personal injury case, contact a Oregon personal injury lawyer at Strong Law Attorneys today to schedule an appointment.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”