Strong Law’s Oklahoma Personal Injury Lawyers are Fighting for Injury Victims
If you’ve suffered injuries due to negligent actions or wrongful acts committed by others, you’ve no doubt got a lot on your plate. In addition to medical treatment and figuring out how to replace lost wages, you could be wondering how you’ll care for your family and even deal with severe emotional trauma. If you or a loved one has found yourselves in such a situation, a personal injury lawyer in Oklahoma may be able to help with your injury claim. Navigating the legal system can be difficult, but it’s greatly simplified when you have a legal advocate on your side.
At Strong Law, we’ve spent years being that advocate for injury victims in and around Oklahoma. Our legal team is committed to securing the best outcome for each of our clients, and this can mean different things in different situations. No matter the unique circumstances of your injury claim, though, we’ll fight diligently on your behalf. If someone else caused you damages through wrongful acts, you deserve monetary compensation. Strong Law provides a free case evaluation to all prospective clients, so don’t hesitate to reach out for help today.
Why Use the Oklahoma Personal Injury Attorneys at Strong Law?
When you’ve been injured, our personal injury lawyers will fight to get you compensation. As highlighted by our 98% success rate, our law firm doesn’t back down when people’s lives have been turned upside down due to another’s negligence. We’ve recovered millions of dollars for clients in Oklahoma, Washington, Oregon and Utah. Contact us to learn how we can help you, too.
Personal Injury Offices in Oklahoma
- Salt Lake City
Personal Injury Lawyer Services in Oklahoma
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Auto Accident Lawyer
- Truck Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Dog Bite Lawyer
Do You Have a Oklahoma Personal Injury Claim?
Many people fail to seek legal representation because they’re unsure of whether they have a valid personal injury claim. For instance, you may be wondering if anyone is to blame for your injury. Then again, perhaps you think you have no legal options because you were partially at fault for your accident. No matter the situation you find yourself in, it’s important to not make any assumptions. Under state law, both Oklahoma residents and visitors are entitled to compensation if the following elements are met in an injury case:
- Duty of care: Establishing that a duty of care exists is fairly easy. For instance, we all have a duty of care to not create dangers for others on the road while we’re driving. Similarly, parties such as property owners, medical professionals, and others owe a duty of care to those around them.
- Violation of duty: For a personal injury case to be valid, it must be shown that a violation of a duty of care occurred. For instance, a driver may violate their duty by negligently running a stop sign. A store owner may violate such a duty by not providing proper security at their business.
- Proximate cause: It must also be proven that a duty violation is the proximate cause of an injury. If someone runs a light and no collision occurs, then the negligent act did not cause injury. Therefore, it’s likely that no valid personal injury case exists.
Few people realize it, but it’s also possible that your legal claim or personal injury lawsuit could lead to other legal actions. For instance, insurance companies are required to act in good faith. If their policyholder is liable for damages, it’s their job to not make it more difficult for injured victims to recover compensation. If they do this, they’re engaged in insurance bad faith. In such a case, you may be able to recover additional damages from the insurer for their wrongful acts.
Clearly, personal injury and tort law can be quite complex. Fortunately, you don’t have to navigate these complicated waters on your own. The Oklahoma personal injury attorneys at Strong Law are ready to help.
Personal Injury Lawyer Oklahoma
Experiencing an injury or the unfortunate loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence can have a profound and lasting impact on your life. The weight of mounting medical bills, lost work hours, and other accident-related expenses can be overwhelming, causing immense stress and uncertainty.
That’s where Strong Law steps in. With a wealth of experience in assisting numerous personal injury clients in Oklahoma, we are dedicated to helping you secure the maximum compensation necessary for your healing and moving forward. Our team of highly skilled personal injury lawyers is committed to vigorously fighting for your rights, providing unparalleled legal representation that you can truly rely on.
At Strong Law Attorneys in Oklahoma, we are here to provide you with compassionate guidance and unwavering support. Our team of skilled personal injury lawyers is committed to assisting clients throughout the entire legal process following an accident. Our mission is to ensure that you receive the necessary help and support you rightfully deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
There are countless circumstances in which you can be hurt due to no fault of your own. Common types of personal injury claims include:
- Auto accidents —Every day, countless individuals suffer injuries or lose their lives in car accidents. If you have been a victim of such a crash, you may have the right to seek justice by pursuing a personal injury lawsuit. This legal recourse aims to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for the damages incurred.
- Truck accidents — Given their substantial size and weight, crashes involving 18-wheelers and other commercial vehicles have a higher likelihood of resulting in catastrophic injuries and fatalities.
- Motorcycle accidents — Motorcyclists, lacking the protective barrier of other motorists, face a heightened vulnerability to severe injury and even death. Furthermore, Oklahoma law does not mandate motorcyclists to carry medical benefits coverage or PIP, leaving them responsible for their own medical expenses. Our personal injury lawyers possess a profound understanding of the intricate facets surrounding motorcycle injury claims.
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents — Bicyclists and pedestrians face a significant risk of severe injury or even death when involved in a collision with a motor vehicle. Regrettably, distracted driving frequently plays a significant role in causing these types of accidents. If you or a loved one has suffered harm or a tragic loss, we are here to offer our assistance.
- Premises liability — It is the duty of businesses and property owners to ensure the safety of their premises for all visitors. Failure to do so can result in potential liability for any resulting injuries. Premises liability claims encompass a variety of incidents, such as slips, trips, falls, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, and more.
- Defective products — Manufacturers, designers, distributors, and retailers are legally bound to ensure the safety of their products for consumers. If you have been injured as a result of a defective product, we can assess your situation and provide guidance on the available options.
- Third-party workers’ compensation claims — If you sustain an injury at work due to someone other than your employer or a co-employee, you may have the right to file a claim against that third party. Additionally, if an injury at work is caused by a defective tool, equipment, or product, you may be eligible to initiate a lawsuit against the designer, manufacturer, and/or distributor of that product for third-party injury compensation.
Types of Damages Recovered in Personal Injury Claims
Victims and their families often fail to fully grasp the profound financial, physical, and emotional toll that accompanies an accident. Severe or catastrophic injuries can disrupt one’s capacity to work, sustain an active lifestyle, and perform daily activities with ease. Moreover, living with chronic pain or disability poses a constant challenge, robbing individuals of the joys they once cherished.
Whether you’ve experienced an automobile collision or a slip-and-fall incident, the expenses of hospitalization, numerous surgeries, physical therapy, rehabilitation, medications, and other costs accumulate rapidly. Our team of personal injury attorneys comprehends the importance of factoring in long-term financial and emotional consequences when assessing the value of a claim.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to damages such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
When someone dies because of another’s negligence or intentional act, filing a claim for wrongful death damages may be appropriate. If you’ve lost a loved one, our personal injury attorneys can assess your case and determine whether you have a viable wrongful death claim.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
Injury law encompasses civil claims against individuals or companies for physical injuries or illnesses resulting from negligence or a failure to exercise reasonable care. Various situations can lead to injuries, but it is necessary to establish the at-fault party’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing and demonstrate a connection between their actions and the plaintiff’s damages. A skilled Oklahoma personal injury attorney can assist in gathering the requisite evidence to support a personal injury claim, engaging expert witnesses to testify on behalf of the plaintiff, and negotiating with insurance companies on the client’s behalf. Your injury lawyer will facilitate settlement negotiations and, if necessary, represent you in a trial.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Oklahoma?
Not all injuries necessitate legal action. Nonetheless, even minor accidents resulting in minimal damage or medical expenses may warrant the assistance of an attorney to negotiate with uncooperative parties. If you have suffered severe injuries, required hospitalization, endured intense pain and emotional distress, or if your injuries impede your ability to work, it is imperative to engage a lawyer in Oklahoma to ensure you receive the maximum compensation suitable for your needs.
If another party is responsible for causing such harm to you or a loved one, an injury attorney can hold that party accountable for medical expenses, lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and all other damages resulting from the defendant’s negligence.
What Is A Personal Injury Claim?
At Strong Law, our experienced attorneys handle a wide range of personal injury claims. Whether it’s a car accident, a dog bite injury, or a medical malpractice case, we have the expertise to assist you. Motor vehicle accidents are among the most common causes for personal injury claims, and our attorneys are dedicated to helping you identify and hold accountable any negligent drivers responsible for the damages.
Certain claims encompass severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, fractures, and burns. Our team of attorneys comprehends the profound impact these injuries have on victims and their loved ones. With our extensive expertise, we diligently explore all avenues to secure rightful compensation for our clients. Additionally, we possess experience in handling various other types of personal injury claims.
- We specialize in handling a variety of personal injury claims, including:
- Birth injury claims: If a newborn sustains injuries during or immediately after childbirth, we can help you seek compensation.
- Workplace injury claims: Our team provides assistance with workers’ compensation claims, ensuring you receive the support you deserve.
- Product liability claims: If you have been injured by a defective consumer product, we are here to hold the responsible party accountable.
- Wrongful death claims: In the unfortunate event that a personal injury results in the loss of a loved one, we can help you pursue a wrongful death claim.
Our goal is to provide expert guidance and support throughout the legal process, ensuring that your rights are protected and you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Injuries sustained in an accident can have long-lasting impacts on a victim’s life. While some wounds may heal with time and treatment, others, whether physical or psychological, may persist. Those who endure mental or emotional suffering may find themselves continually grappling with the pain of their trauma, affecting their relationships, friendships, work, and overall well-being.
Anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are common among individuals who have experienced severe injuries or traumatic events. Fortunately, relief from these symptoms and effective treatment can be achieved with the guidance of a licensed professional therapist. Just as seeking medical attention is crucial for physical injuries, those enduring mental or emotional anguish should seek the support of a therapist to embark on a journey towards healing and recovery.
Proving Negligence in a Lawsuit
Regardless of the nature of your personal injury claim, the legal proceedings will center around the concept of negligence. Negligence pertains to the failure of one party to exercise reasonable care in a given situation. For instance, a car driver carries the responsibility of exercising care towards other drivers on the road by adhering to speed limits and driving safely. Violating this duty of care would involve actions such as speeding or driving under the influence.
To secure a victory in your lawsuit, your attorney must establish four elements of negligence. The first element is duty, which requires proving that the defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care in the given situation. The second element is breach, where the plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant failed to meet this duty of care, either through a specific action or non-action that could have been prevented by a reasonable person. Moving on to the third element, damages, the plaintiff must prove the extent of their injuries. It is important to note that without damages, there are no grounds for a personal injury lawsuit, even if the defendant acted negligently. The final element is causation, which involves establishing a connection between the defendant’s breached duty of care and the damages claimed in the lawsuit. For instance, if the plaintiff files a lawsuit for a back injury resulting from a car accident caused by the defendant, they must prove that the back injury was a direct result of the accident and not a preexisting condition.
How can an injury lawyer help their clients?
Injury lawyers offer legal representation and guidance to their clients throughout the entire process. From the initial risk-free consultation, an attorney’s role is to provide unwavering support, advocate for their clients’ rights, and pursue legal justice on their behalf. It is not the responsibility of a lawyer to pass judgment on their clients or disclose confidential information about them. If clients feel that their lawyer is not meeting their expectations or looking out for their best interests, it may be worth considering finding a new attorney. The attorney-client relationship is pivotal to the success of the case, and injury lawyers strive to diligently work so that their clients can prioritize their health and recovery following their injuries.
If you are in need of legal representation for an upcoming personal injury case, contact an Oklahoma personal injury lawyer at Strong Law Attorneys today to schedule an appointment.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”