Bellevue, WA, Car Accident Lawyer
When someone hits you with their vehicle, you may suffer injuries like minor cuts and scrapes, or you could suffer catastrophic injuries. The at-fault driver, or their insurance company, should pay for your medical expenses and other damages. Our car accident attorneys in Bellevue, WA can help you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
After an accident, the at-fault driver's insurance company is usually responsible for paying damages. However, insurance companies will certainly try to avoid paying a claim; and they’re notorious for offering minimal amounts to settle.
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident, contact one of our Bellevue, WA car accident lawyers at Strong Law at 206-741-1053 for a free case evaluation and assistance in dealing with insurers.
Protect Your Rights with the Help of Our Bellevue, WA, Car Accident Lawyers
When someone’s negligence injures you or takes the life of a loved one, you have the right to recover monetary damages, typically paid by the at-fault driver’s insurer. The insurance company has limits on what it will pay, based on how much insurance the driver purchased on the policy. In some cases, your damages could exceed that amount. When you need that additional compensation for your injuries and losses, you can sue the at-fault driver or the insurance company to pay more.
In some cases, more than one person could share in the responsibility for your injuries. For example, perhaps you were in an accident with a truck. If the driver of a commercial vehicle hits you, the driver and his or her employer could share in the responsibility. In car accidents involving multiple vehicles, more than one driver could share in the responsibility for the accident. Our car accident lawyers in Bellevue, WA will investigate your case to determine who shares in the fault. Then, our team will strategize how best to get you the compensation you deserve, whether via settlement negotiations with an insurance company or taking your case to court.
Our Team Gets Results for Our Clients
Find Out Why So Many Clients Trust Strong Law
Our Bellevue, WA car accident team works hard to get results for our clients. We take the time necessary to investigate your car accident case to the fullest extent. We leave no stone unturned so that we can represent your interests to the best of our ability.
The legal system is complex; and if your car accident case has more than one person at fault, it becomes even more complicated. Count on our experience, our strategic and negotiating skills and our knowledge of the law. We make sure insurance companies and other defendants do not violate your rights. We will make sure that you get all the compensation you deserve.
Learn about how we’ve helped other clients. Some of our results include:
- A client was rear-ended while sitting at a stoplight. His neck surgery forced him to stay in a rehabilitation center for two months. We recovered $1.1 million for him.
- A drunk driver crossed the center line, causing a head-on collision with our clients. We recovered $1 million for them.
- A vehicle hit our client as the client was crossing the street. His injuries required surgery on his knee and shoulder and caused him to be out for work for over a year. We recovered $900,000 for him.
- Our client was a passenger in the vehicle driven by an acquaintance. Unbeknownst to our client, the acquaintance was drunk. The driver crashed into a tree, causing our client to suffer neck injuries that required surgery. We recovered $875,000 for our client.
- Three young children were riding in a car that was T-boned while the driver was making a left turn into a parking lot. The three children suffered injuries in the wreck. We recovered $680,000 for the children.
What Kind of Car Accidents Can Cause Injuries?
Any car accident in Bellevue, WA could cause injuries to those involved. The extent of those injuries depends on how a vehicle hits you, the speed at which the vehicles collide, your health at the time of the vehicle accident, and several other factors.
Types of car accident injuries include:
- Multi-vehicle accidents.
- T-bone accidents. A T-bone is when another vehicle rams into the side of your car while it is heading straight at you.
- Sideswipe accidents. These happen when two vehicles contact each other on the side. They may occur when both vehicles are traveling in the same direction, and one merges into the other. However, a vehicle coming toward you could sideswipe you as it passes you.
- Head-on wrecks. Generally, these wrecks happen when someone in the other lane crosses into your lane while approaching you from the front. Head-on accidents often cause catastrophic injuries.
- Rear-end crashes. In most cases, someone might rear-end you while you are at a stoplight or stop sign. However, someone who is speeding could ram into the back of you if they tailgate or are following too closely at higher speeds and try to get around you without allowing enough room.
- Rollover accidents. A rollover accident could happen because someone hit you and caused your vehicle to roll over, or it could happen if you hit debris in the road, drive recklessly, or speed excessively.
- Drunk driving accidents.
- Drugged driving accidents.
- Distracted driving accidents.
- Speeding, including excessive speeding, accidents.
- Reckless driving accidents.
- Hit and run accidents.
People who are drunk or drugged behind the wheel are most likely also driving recklessly or with excessive speed. If you notice a driver that doesn’t look as though he or she is driving in a safe manner, hang back or, if you are on a highway, get off at the next exit and take a break for a few minutes. Hopefully, by the time you get back on the highway, the driver will have exited or will be far enough ahead of you so that you have plenty of warning if he or she wrecks.
Bellevue, WA, Car Accident Lawyers
Accidents that involve the use of a vehicle can be very traumatic for those involved. What’s more, they can cause serious bodily injury and can even result in death. While it may be easy to blame the individual who caused the accident, there are times when the factors may not be entirely clear.
In fact, if you were involved in a car accident, you may have a valid case against the other party, as well. Fortunately, you have Bellevue, WA, car accident lawyers at Strong Law to help. To get experienced legal counsel you can trust, call 206-741-1053 today.
Our Bellevue, WA, Car Accident Lawyers Protect Your Rights
You have the right to seek monetary damages if someone’s negligence causes you injury or threatens the life of a family member. Typically, the insurer pays on behalf of the at-fault driver. Based on the amount of insurance purchased by the driver, the insurance company has limits as to what it will pay. Sometimes, the amount you receive for your damages may be far lower than this limit. When this happens, you can sue the at-fault driver or the insurance company for more compensation for your losses and injuries.
In some cases, multiple people could share the responsibility for your injuries. You might have been in an accident with a truck driver, for example, and the driver of the commercial vehicle might have hit you and be partially to blame. Multiple drivers could be responsible for an accident involving multiple cars. Our car accident lawyers in Bellevue, WA, will carefully examine your case to determine who is at fault. Our team will then work with you to determine the best way to get you the compensation that you are entitled to, either through settlement negotiations with insurance companies or going to court.
Proving Liability in a Bellevue, WA, Car Accident
Our Experienced Attorneys Know How to Show Who Was at Fault
Sometimes it is clear who was at fault for a car accident. Private investigators may be needed in other cases to determine the extent of the fault. In addition, the police report is one tool that your car accident lawyers in Bellevue, WA, will use to prove liability.
You must prove that the other driver was responsible for the accident before you can recover damages. The elements to prove such include:
- The driver (defendant) had a duty of care to not harm you.
- This duty was not fulfilled by the driver.
- Your injuries were caused by the actions of the driver.
- These actions caused you to suffer damages.
These elements could apply to more than one person, and if so, they can all be held liable for your damages.
Our Bellevue car accident lawyers will examine the accident scene and, if necessary, use expert witnesses to recreate it. This will help you prove who is responsible for any damages. Moreover, our lawyers will interview police officers, first responders, and any other witnesses present at the scene to help build your case in seeking compensation.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”