Vancouver, WA, Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, leading to serious physical, emotional, and financial hardship. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Vancouver, Washington, the right legal representation can be the difference between getting the compensation you deserve and feeling like you are up against an insurmountable challenge.
At our law firm, we have years of experience advocating for victims of motorcycle accidents and pursuing justice and maximum compensation on their behalf. We understand that being injured in a bike crash can leave you feeling scared, disempowered, and unmoored—and we want to help.
In this article, we will discuss some of the common issues that can arise from a motorcycle accident and why it is important to seek legal representation from a top lawyer in Vancouver, WA.FREE CONSULTATION
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, the potential for injury can be significant. Depending on the specific circumstances of the crash, multiple parts of your body could be affected.
Common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents include:
- Head injuries including concussions and traumatic brain injuries.
- Broken bones or fractures due to impact with another vehicle or the ground.
- Internal organ damage includes the liver, kidneys, pancreas, and spleen.
- Soft tissue injuries like sprains and strains result from being thrown from the bike.
- Spinal cord injuries lead to partial or complete paralysis in some cases.
- Psychological trauma such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Whether you have been involved in a minor fender bender or a more serious multi-vehicle accident, it is important to seek medical attention promptly after the event to diagnose and treat any injuries properly.
Laws for Motorcyclists in Vancouver, WA
As a motorcyclist in Vancouver, WA, you are subject to the same laws of the road as car and truck drivers. This means you should always wear a helmet and other protective gear, always obey speed limits, and never drink and drive. However, there are some additional laws that only apply to motorcyclists.
- Riders under 18 years of age must pass a rider training course before applying for a motorcycle license.
- All motorcycles must be equipped with mint condition brakes—and any modifications you make must be within legal limits.
- Passengers must also wear protective gear—like helmets, boots, goggles, and long pants.
- Motorcycle riders with learners’ permits may only ride during daylight hours and must be accompanied by an adult supervising rider who is at least 21 years old or older.
Unfortunately, even when motorcyclists are following all traffic laws and regulations, accidents still happen due to another driver’s negligence or recklessness. At such times it is important to have an experienced attorney to protect your rights and pursue your claim for damages.
Statistics on Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are a major concern on the roads of Washington State. Every year, these accidents cause significant injuries and fatalities, and understanding the statistics behind these incidents can help us identify trends and develop strategies to prevent them from happening.
According to the Washington State Department of Transportation, there were 1,603 motorcycle accidents in 2019, resulting in 1,463 injuries and 75 fatalities. This represents a slight increase in the number of accidents and fatalities from 2018, which saw 1,502 accidents and 70 fatalities.
Looking at the data more closely, we can see that the majority of motorcycle accidents in Washington State occur in urban areas, with Seattle, Spokane, and Tacoma being the cities with the highest number of accidents. In rural areas, however, motorcycle accidents are more likely to be fatal due to the higher speeds and greater distances involved.
Another important statistic to consider is the age and gender of those involved in motorcycle accidents. The majority of motorcyclists involved in accidents are male, with the highest incidence of accidents occurring among riders between the ages of 20 and 29. In contrast, female motorcyclists are involved in fewer accidents overall, but they are more likely to be injured in an accident when they are involved.
The data also highlights the importance of helmet use. According to the Washington State Patrol, wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of fatal injury in a motorcycle accident by 37%. In 2019, 64% of the motorcyclists involved in accidents were wearing helmets, while 23% were not wearing helmets, and the remaining 13% had unknown helmet usage.
It is also worth noting that motorcycle accidents can have significant economic costs. In 2019, the estimated cost of motorcycle accidents in Washington State was $408 million, including medical expenses, property damage, and lost productivity.
Preventing Motorcycle Accidents
The good news is there are ways to prevent motorcycle accidents from happening. The bad news is that motorcycles can be much riskier than cars because their riders are more exposed to danger in the event of an accident.
That is why it is important you take steps to prevent yourself from getting into an accident, and even if you do, having an experienced lawyer on your side can make all the difference. Here are a few tips for avoiding motorcycle accidents:
Wear protective gear
No one ever said riding a motorcycle was a safe activity but wearing the right protective gear (like a helmet) can go a long way in keeping you safe. Make sure you have the right items and wear them when you are out on your bike.
Check your bike before you ride it
Before taking off on your bike, check for any maintenance issues or worn items that need to be replaced. You should also have your brakes checked regularly and always keep your tires inflated at appropriate levels for the best performance and stability as you ride.
When riding your motorcycle, make sure to always follow traffic laws and take extra precautions at intersections or turns to avoid potential danger from other drivers who may not be paying attention. And even then, if an unfortunate accident does occur, having an experienced lawyer that understands motorcycle law can give you the best chance of recovering what is rightfully yours.
Insurance Coverage for Motorcycle Accidents
Did you know that insurance coverage for motorcycle accidents can be different from regular car accidents? That is why you need a top lawyer in Vancouver, WA to help with your case. Not only will they help to assess the situation and advise on the best course of action, but they can also guide you through any insurance claims that you need to make.
The good news is that most insurance policies offer some level of protection for motorcycle riders. Some states even require that all motorcyclists purchase special liability coverage — so if you are hurt in an accident, your insurer may be on the hook for all kinds of medical bills and other costs.
But it is never a bad idea to check the specifics of your policy before you get out on the road — and make sure you have a lawyer in your corner who really understands Oregon’s motorcycle laws. Here are some things to look out for:
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage pays for damages and injuries caused by someone else who was at fault in an accident. It usually covers legal expenses as well as medical bills, lost wages, and other costs associated with an accident.
- Medical payments: This coverage pays for injury-related medical expenses incurred by you or anyone else riding with you at the time of the accident — no matter who was at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists: If the person responsible for an accident has little or no liability insurance, this type of coverage will kick in to help pay expenses related to injuries sustained during the crash.
- Collision: This is a more comprehensive type of coverage that covers repairs (or replacement) to your motorcycle if it is damaged in an accident — regardless of who was at
Taking Legal Action After a Motorcycle Accident
If you or a beloved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, taking legal action may be necessary to recover from the damages. Whether you need compensation for medical bills, lost wages, or pain and suffering, consulting a top lawyer in Vancouver, WA, can help.
Investigating the Accident Scene
A lawyer will investigate the scene of the accident and present evidence that addresses who is liable for the accident. They will also assess relevant laws and regulations that may apply to the case in order to build a strong defense on your behalf.
After collecting evidence from the scene of the motorcycle accident, your lawyer will use their resources to gather police reports, eyewitness statements, medical records, and photos of the crash site. These documents can be used as proof to secure any settlements or awards due to you.
Negotiating Settlement Terms
Once these documents have been gathered by your lawyer, they can effectively use them in court proceedings or negotiations with insurance companies when seeking a settlement on your behalf.
Your lawyer’s experience and knowledge of local laws make them well-equipped to handle any dispute resolution, so you get what you are rightfully due with no hassle or fear of going up against experienced negotiators alone.
Why Choose Us
At Strong Law, we understand the unique challenges that come with recovering from a motorcycle accident. That is why we believe you deserve the best legal representation to help you navigate the complex process of insurance claims and other legal matters.
The dedicated team at Strong Law Accident & Injury Attorneys will provide you with personalized service and vigorously advocate for your rights in court to ensure you get the settlement your case deserves.
Here is why our clients keep coming back:
- Tailored Solutions: We listen to our clients and craft an individualized solution that is tailored to their specific needs.
- Experience: Our team has years of experience handling all types of motorcycle accident cases throughout Vancouver, WA, giving us the expertise needed to see your case through.
- Affordable Payment Plans: We offer flexible payment plans designed to fit within any budget so that quality legal representation is accessible for everyone.
- Attention to Detail: Our attorneys are sticklers for detail and take a comprehensive approach in every case which sets us apart from bigger firms who often overlook critical details in favor of moving quickly on volume cases.
- Results-Driven: Above all else, we are focused on results and getting our clients the justice, they deserve after going through such a traumatic experience as being involved in a motorcycle accident. We have a 98% success rate in representing our clients.
FAQs about Motorcycle Accidents in Vancouver
Do you have questions about recovering from a motorcycle accident in Vancouver, WA? You are not alone! Below are some of the most frequent questions that come up:
What should I do if I get in a motorcycle accident in Vancouver, WA?
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, your first priority should be to seek medical attention. Depending on the severity of the crash, you may need to go right to the hospital or call 9-1-1. Afterward, it is important to contact an experienced lawyer who can help you with the necessary paperwork and other legal proceedings.
Can I get compensation for my injuries?
It depends on who is at fault for the crash, but yes—you may be eligible for compensation for your losses. An experienced lawyer will be able to help you assess your situation and seek legal action against those who have caused harm or damage due to their negligence.
What should I expect when working with a lawyer?
Hiring a lawyer can seem intimidating at first, but we make sure our clients feel comfortable and informed every step of the way. Our team is here to answer all of your questions and offer advice throughout the process. We will also handle all paperwork, negotiate with insurance companies, and make sure that you get just compensation for all of your losses.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”