Salt Lake City Boating Accident Lawyer
Lots of people love taking advantage of the proximity of the water and the local area, but just as you put safety at the top of your priority list when you get behind the wheel of a car, you must do the same thing when you get behind the controls of a boat.
There are situations where boating accidents can occur, some of which can result in serious injuries. When that happens, it is critical to rely on boating accident attorneys in Salt Lake City to represent you.
We are Strong Law Accident and Injury Attorneys, and our Salt Lake City boating accident lawyers are here to protect your rights and defend your interests.
Learn more about why boating accidents happen in the local area and schedule a case consultation with our team to see if you are entitled to compensation.
Schedule your free initial case consultation with us by calling (206) 741-1053 today.
Why Choose Us?
If you have been involved in a boating accident, you need to make sure you hire the right attorney to represent you. While every lawyer goes to law school, not every lawyer specializes in boat accidents.
Reasons to Hire Our Salt Lake City Boating Accident Lawyers to Represent You
At Strong Law Accident and Injury Attorneys, there are several reasons why you should work with our team.
- Track Record: We have a strong track record of success, and we have won 98 percent of our cases. We invite you to take a look at our prior case results, and we believe that we can add your case to this list. You need to work with an attorney who has a track record of success, and we have demonstrated that throughout the years.
- Client Testimonials: You should also partner with our team because we have a long list of positive reviews from our clients. While we can certainly talk about the quality of the legal services that we provide, we also believe it is important for you to hear about our services from our prior clients. Take a look at our case reviews to learn more about what our clients have to say about us.
- Network: No lawyer is able to do everything on his or her own, and it is important to work with a law firm that has a strong network to support your case. We can call on our network of experts to provide strong supporting testimony that can make a significant difference in your ability to achieve a favorable settlement. We will use all of the resources we have available to defend your rights.
- Care and Compassion: You need to partner with our team because we will treat you with care and compassion. We understand that being involved in a boating accident can be stressful, and there are situations where you may have suffered serious injuries. We will provide you with the support you need to focus on your medical recovery while still handling legal issues appropriately.
At Strong Law Accident and Injury Attorneys, we will keep you updated every step of the way, and we will make sure that your voice is heard and that your rights are protected. Count on attorney Jed Strong to represent you.
What Need to Do After a Boating Accident
It can be shocking to be involved in a boating accident. However, when you get on the boat, you probably expect to arrive safely back on shore.
It is easy to lose track of what you need to do if you have been involved in a boating accident, but some of the most critical steps you need to take include:
- Dial 911: You should always make sure that you dial 911. Even if you feel like nobody is injured, there must be a report of the accident. If the authorities do not draft a report, it might be like the accident never happened. Then, you may have difficulty pursuing a claim in the future. You should always ensure the authorities come to the accident scene.
- Get To Safety: You should ensure that you get to a safe location, which means getting off the boat as long as you can do so safely. If the accident took place close to shore, you might want to get off the boat if you are close enough. You should make sure that you stay in a safe location until the authorities arrive.
- Speak To the Authorities: You should be honest with the authorities about what happened from your point of view. The authorities will probably talk to everyone at the scene but do not worry too much about what other people have to say. You need to provide the authorities with an accurate account of what happened and do not forget to ask for a copy of the report once it is done.
- Visit a Medical Professional: Emergency medical personnel may come to the scene of the accident, but even if they do not do so, you still need to seek appropriate medical care. You will have a lot of adrenaline coursing through your veins after a severe accident, which can mask serious injuries. You should make sure the doctor does a thorough job of investigating all possible sources of injury, as you deserve appropriate treatment.
- Schedule a Consultation with a Lawyer: Finally, you should schedule a case consultation with a Salt Lake City boating accident lawyer. Even if you have appropriate insurance, your expenses can still be significant. If the accident was not your fault, you should not be forced to deal with the financial ramifications of the accident.
At Strong Law Accident and Injury Attorneys, it would be our honor to represent you following a boating accident in Salt Lake City. The sooner you get us involved, the easier it will be for us to protect your rights.
Set up your free initial case consultation with our team by calling (206) 741-1053.
How We Can Help You
If you decide to partner with us, what can you expect? At Strong Law Accident and Injury Attorneys, we have worked hard to expand the resources we have available to ensure we can provide you with the comprehensive legal support you need.
Some of the ways that we can help you after an accident include:
- Interview Witnesses: You need someone with a legal background who can interview witnesses and get a complete picture of everything that happened. If we believe a more thorough investigation is warranted, we can even order formal depositions to make sure we have all the evidence we need to make a strong claim.
- Reach Out to Experts: We may need to reach out to our network of experts to get a better picture of the consequences of the accident. There are some situations where we might need to hire an accident reconstruction specialist to paint a clear picture of how everyone might have been impacted. There are also situations where we might need to hire a medical expert to testify to the serious nature of your injuries.
- Negotiate with Insurance: If an insurance company reaches out to you to offer a settlement, you might be tempted to take it. While the money might sound nice, how do you know that you are getting a fair settlement? You need to work with a Salt Lake City boating accident attorney who can review the entire case and make sure the insurance company is providing you with a fair offer.
- Pursue Damages: There are also situations where we might need to pursue additional damages. The insurance policy will have a liability limit on it, and if your damages exceed that limit, we may need to file a lawsuit against other parties directly. We will discuss the several types of damages we may be able to pursue on your behalf.
- Take the Case to Trial: If you feel like you are not getting a fair offer, we may decide to take the case to trial. Ultimately, the decision is yours, but if we feel you deserve additional compensation, we may encourage you to take your case before a judge and jury. We will make sure that you are as comfortable as possible if we have to go to court.
We will customize our approach to meet the exact circumstances of your case, and we will do everything we can to put your claim in a position to be successful. If you have questions about how your case might unfold, all you must do is reach out to us and ask.
We will explain everything to you in a way you can understand to ensure you can make the best decision for your situation.
Contact Strong Law Accident and Injury Attorneys to Schedule Your Boating Accident Consultation in Salt Lake City
We will always put your needs first
After a boating accident, it is important for you to seek care from a qualified medical professional. Then, after you have done so, reach out to us to schedule your case consultation.
At Strong Law Accident and Injury Attorneys, we are proud to be one of the most trusted law firms in the local area, and we have earned our reputation by always putting the needs of our clients first.
We will tirelessly advocate for your rights and defend your interests, and we want to make sure that you recover all compensation to which you are entitled. It would be our honor to represent you, so let us handle the legal issues on your behalf.
Contact us with our Salt Lake City boating accident lawyers by dialing (206) 741-1053 today.
FAQs About Boating Accidents
We always want to make sure your questions are answered before we move forward with your case. Some of the most frequent questions we get asked include:
Should I Accept an Offer from an Insurance Company?
If the insurance company makes you a fair offer, we might encourage you to accept it; however, you should always let us talk to the insurance company on your behalf. We have a better understanding of how much your case is actually worth, and we do not want an insurance company to convince you that a low offer is fair.
What are the Different Types of Damages You May Be Able to Pursue on My Behalf?
We may be able to pursue compensation for property damage, current medical expenses, future medical expenses, and emotional distress. We might also be able to pursue damages for lost income, but we will discuss which of these options applies to your case.
Do I Have to take the Case to Trial?
No, you certainly do not have to take the case to trial, but we want to make sure that you recover the compensation you deserve. We will let you know if we feel like you should take the case to trial in an effort to pursue additional compensation.
How Long Will It Take You to Resolve My Case?
Every case is different. There are some cases that we may be able to resolve in a few weeks, and others might take a few months to reach a fair settlement. If the case has to go to trial, it could take significantly longer for the case to reach a conclusion.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
In the local area, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. While this might sound like a long time, we may have to do a lot of investigating, so it is better for you to schedule your case consultation with us as quickly as possible.
“I hired Strong Law after my car accident. Jed and his team worked hard on my case. They were professional and compassionate through my surgery and as I recovered, and they were awesome on communication. I got justice and awesome compensation. I would recommend Strong Law to anyone in my situation.”
– Rick R.
“I want to thank Jed and Tory of Strong Law for their outstanding help with my case. The attention to details and keeping me informed at all times made for a positive outcome. Thank you again for your help, determination, and hard work. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone in need of an excellent lawyer.”
– Jaretta O.
“Unbelievable work! I had a claim involving my own insurance company. I tried to negotiate with them, and they completely denied my claim – two times. I then hired Strong Law, and the change was instant. The insurance company immediately began negotiating, and Jed was able to secure an unbelievably good settlement. I will never again attempt to take-on an insurance company without Strong Law in my corner. Thank you!”
– Jonathon S.
“Absolutely outstanding! I was involved in a motorcycle accident and Jed led the way! Definitely top notch! When it matters, call strong law!”
– Edwin S.
“While working a wrongful death case of my husband’s, throughout the legal process, Jed pursued every possible resource and angle to ensure that we would receive policy limits despite intense resistance from the representatives of the insurance companies. We are deeply grateful to him for the funds we received and the lasting friendship that grew out of the entire ordeal.”