Portland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Helps Win Compensation
Motorcycles do not offer much protection, so the results can be devastating if you are hurt in a motorcycle wreck. Victims may end up in the hospital with serious injuries and face a long, painful recovery, and some injuries may lead to death. Survivors may need continuing care and face mounting medical and household bills at a time they cannot work, and life may never be the same.
If you or a loved one has been injured or someone has died in a motorcycle accident you may receive compensation that pays for your losses and provides money to help you through this difficult period. However, Oregon injury laws are complicated, there is an unfortunate bias against motorcyclists, to begin with, and insurance companies will attempt to deny claims, get you to accept the lowest amount possible, or even make it seem as if the accident was your fault.
Fortunately, you do not have to fight for fair compensation alone. The Portland motorcycle accident lawyers at Strong Law know what you are up against and are fully prepared to gather all of the facts and go head-to-head against insurance companies and their attorneys to help you get the full compensation you deserve.
We understand the unique circumstances and issues that arise when an accident involves a motorcycle and will stand up for your rights, whether negotiating with an insurance company or taking your case to court.
We offer a free consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident case and determine the best way to move forward. There are no fees to you unless and until we win your case, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Call us today at 206-741-1053 to get started.FREE CONSULTATION
How Our Portland Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Help
Why Choose Us?
Motorcycle accident cases can be extraordinarily complex and detailed, and it is important for you to find an attorney you not only feel comfortable with but who has experience with motorcycle accidents and the resources to thoroughly investigate and handle your case. Here are some reasons why we feel Strong Law is your best choice:
- We are experienced. Attorney Jed Strong, the founder of Strong Law, once worked for GEICO insurance company as one of its in-house attorneys, so he has learned the inner workings of insurance companies. He uses this inside knowledge to help negotiate with insurers and advocate for his clients. He is a strong litigator who has taken numerous cases to trial and obtained exceptional verdicts for his clients.
- We get results and have a long record of success. We have won 98% of our cases, including a $1.1M car accident case verdict.
- We work closely with and take a personal interest in our clients. You can read our client testimonials to prove it.
- We are available and you can call us 24/7 for emergencies.
- We are licensed to practice in Washington, Oregon, and Utah to better serve all your case needs.
- We negotiate forcefully with insurance companies but are fully prepared to take your case to court if necessary.
- We offer free consultations to discuss your issues and show you how we can help.
How Our Portland Work Accident Lawyer Handles Your Case
When you have our Strong Law legal team on your side, we will start working on your behalf immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss how the accident happened, who the at-fault parties may be, and what type of settlement to go after
- Ensure you get proper medical care and that all symptoms and treatments are documented
- Investigate your and gather evidence to help prove your claims, such as photographs and videos from surveillance cameras, interviews with witnesses and first responders, and police and medical reports and records
- Hire experts to reconstruct the accident and determine fault, and experts to testify as to your damages and losses and how they will affect you into the future
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies to come up with an agreement for a fair settlement
- Build your case and take it to court if necessary.
The Portland motorcycle accident attorneys at Strong Law are fully committed to our motorcycle accident clients and getting the best settlement possible. Call us today at (206) 741-1053 to get started while evidence is available, and witnesses can be found.
Damages Our Portland Motorcycle Accident Lawyers May Recover
Compensation Should Cover All Your Losses
In a successful lawsuit, our Portland, OR, motorcycle accident lawyers may win an award for your damages — the expenses and losses you suffered from the accident. We will fight for an award that fully compensates for both your economic and your non-economic damages, as follows:
Economic damages are for your monetary costs and losses including:
- Medical and rehabilitation bills and continuing care
- Lost wages, current and projected into the future
- Property damages such as fixing or replacing your motorcycle
- Costs of modifications to a home, such as to accommodate a wheelchair.
Non-economic damages are for losses that do not have a specific dollar value, but negatively affect your life, such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of companionship and consortium and quality of life
- Permanent disability
- Disfigurement and scarring.
In some rare situations, you may also receive punitive damages. According to Oregon law, (ORS 31.730), these can be awarded where the crash was caused by a defendant who “has acted with malice or has shown a reckless and outrageous indifference to a highly unreasonable risk of harm and has acted with a conscious indifference to the health, safety, and welfare of others. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish a defendant and discourage such actions in the future.
Amounts of Damage Awards
There is a wide range of damage amounts that you may receive in a successful motorcycle accident lawsuit, from the thousands to millions of dollars. The amount you may receive depends on your case’s individual factors and circumstances.
Motorcycle accident injuries tend to be severe, since there is nothing between you and the road, and at high speeds, your clothing will do little to protect you. Injuries can range from minor burns and broken bones to totally disabling, such as spinal cord injuries, paralysis, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), and limb amputations. One of the most common injuries is road rash, which can be very painful and even permanently disfiguring.
In general, the more severe injuries that involve permanent damage and require long-term care or result in death often bring the highest settlement awards. Other factors affecting award amounts include the individual jurisdiction, judge, and jury if there is a trial, and the skill and negotiating power of your attorney to come up with an optimum settlement.
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney Must Prove Negligence
Proving Negligence is Vital to Winning Your Case
In any injury case, you and your attorney must be able to show that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and at fault for causing the accident that injured you. This is especially important in motorcycle accident cases since motorcyclists have a reputation for being reckless and sometimes even dangerous, and this prejudice must be overcome.
Our Portland motorcycle accident attorneys will produce evidence to show that, as a responsible motorcycle driver who was hurt due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation for all the damages you suffered.
To prove another party, the defendant, was at fault legally, we must show the existence of the following elements:
- Duty — The defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause harm
- Breach — The defendant breached that duty by acting or failing to act
- Cause – This breach caused an accident that resulted in your injuries
- Damages — You suffered damages as a result
Depending on the situation, there may be multiple parties who were negligent that we can hold liable for your accident. These may include:
- Another vehicle driver who was driving while intoxicated or distracted
- The manufacturers of the motorcycle its parts, if these were defective and failed
- Road repair companies and municipalities if dangerous conditions or poorly maintained roads contributed to the crash.
Based on the evidence, our investigations, and reports from experts, our Strong legal team will find all possible liable parties, as they all may have assets and insurance that can go toward a settlement.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Answer FAQs
After a traumatic motorcycle accident, it is natural to have many questions about your legal options. These are best addressed in your free consultation, but to get started, here are some answers to questions our clients often ask.
Are There Time Limits to Filing a Lawsuit?
Yes, Oregon has a statute of limitations (ORS 12.110), which is a deadline for filing an injury lawsuit that is generally two years from the time of the accident. If you fail to file on time, the courts are likely to refuse to hear your case.
Should I Talk to the Insurance Company?
No, the less you say to insurance companies, the better. Insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible and use tactics such as making a lowball offer they hope you will accept quickly or trying to get you to admit that the accident was your fault. Tell the insurance company to talk to your attorney, and let us handle all negotiations to get you the settlement you deserve.
Will I Have to Go to Court?
In most cases, you will not have to go to court, as our Portland motorcycle accident attorneys will negotiate on your behalf, and we can usually reach a settlement before the case goes to trial. If you have to go to court, we will ensure you are fully prepared.
What if I am Partially at Fault for the Accident?
If you are partially at fault, you can still get a settlement, as long as the fault attributable to you is not greater than the combined fault of the defendants in the case. However, according to Oregon law, (ORS 31.600) any damages allowed shall be diminished in proportion to the percentage of fault you are found to have for the accident.
Do I need to hire a lawyer?
While it is not necessary to hire a lawyer, the chances of your getting the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries increases when you work with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Insurance company adjusters will try hard to get you to accept a smaller settlement than you might otherwise be entitled to or blame you for the accident, and your lawyer will advocate for you to get you as much as possible
How Much Does a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Cost?
The good news is that hiring our Strong Law motorcycle accident attorneys is at no upfront cost. We work on a contingency basis, so there are no fees to you unless and until we win your case, and fees are taken out of the settlement award based on a previously agreed-upon percentage.
When you have our Strong Law attorneys on your side, we will be there throughout the entire legal process, answering your questions and keeping you informed.
”Awesome Attorney firm. These team of attorneys with their assistants are outstanding. The assistants are awesome If you ever need an attorney for an accident then this is the law firm to hire. If there was a 10star I’d given that. No 🧢” – Fresco’s Music (Google Review)
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”