Oklahoma Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are a common occurrence in Oklahoma, often leading to significant property damage, life-altering injuries, and even loss of life. Survivors of severe accidents are burdened with mounting medical expenses and rehabilitation costs, at a time when they may be unable to work. Moreover, the financial losses incurred can easily surpass the coverage limits of a car insurance policy. In the aftermath of such an incident, life may never be the same. That's why it's crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced Oklahoma car accident lawyer.
If you or a loved one has been injured or lost their life in a car crash, you may be eligible for compensation through insurance or a car accident lawsuit. However, navigating Oklahoma's complex personal injury laws can be challenging, and insurance companies often try to deny claims or offer inadequate settlements. Representing yourself in a car accident case can be a costly mistake, but with the assistance of an experienced car accident attorney, you can ensure that you receive the full compensation you rightfully deserve.
The car accident attorneys at Strong Law Firm in Oklahoma specialize in managing all negotiations and legal challenges associated with securing equitable compensation. Allow us to alleviate the burden from your shoulders so that you can focus on your recovery and the well-being of your loved ones.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to determine the best way to move forward, and there are no fees unless we win your case. Call us today at 206-741-1053 to get started.FREE CONSULTATION
Talk to an Oklahoma Car Accident Attorney Today!
If you’ve been dealing with painful and debilitating injuries after a car crash, our team of car accident lawyers is here to help you fight for the rightful compensation you deserve. We understand the profound impact a car accident can have on your life. Don’t let medical expenses, lost income, and financial burdens weigh you and your family down. Let our dedicated motor vehicle accident lawyers in Oklahoma advocate for your rights and provide the support you need.
At Strong Law, our team of personal injury lawyers has a wealth of experience in assisting accident victims. With a proven track record of success, we are dedicated to advocating for our clients. If you have been involved in a car accident, rest assured that we will fight for justice on your behalf. We specialize in representing car accident victims, including families who have tragically lost loved ones due to wrongful death. Our ultimate aim is to help you receive the maximum compensation you rightfully deserve, without any upfront costs. Contact us today to discover how our expertise can truly make a difference in your case.
When Should I Consult an Oklahoma Auto Accident Attorney?
After a collision, you may find yourself contemplating a number of questions: Do I need the assistance of a proficient car accident lawyer? Is there a reliable truck accident attorney nearby whom I can trust? Can I afford the expenses associated with hiring legal representation?
If you’ve experienced an injury, enlisting the services of a personal injury lawyer can greatly improve your circumstances. There are various situations in which having legal representation can prove beneficial for you.
- If you have experienced significant or permanent injuries, it is important to note that seeking medical attention for your injuries could potentially entitle you to compensation. Feel free to reach out to us and inquire about the compensation you may be eligible for.
- You are unable to work due to your injuries.
- The responsibility for the accident remains uncertain.
- The case involves a commercial vehicle or driver.
- The accident could have multiple possible causes.
- The driver might have been intoxicated.
- The insurance company is deliberately delaying or offering a low settlement in the case.
- You lack the knowledge on how to initiate a case properly.
- You may be curious about the various forms of compensation that can be encompassed and whether a settlement offer is equitable.
- If you have concerns regarding your legal rights, it’s crucial to seek answers and find clarity.
When faced with situations involving substantial property damage or medical expenses, the assistance of an auto accident lawyer can prove to be priceless. Our committed legal team operates on a contingency fee basis, guaranteeing that you will only be responsible for payment if we successfully achieve a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Do not let insurance companies intimidate you into accepting less than what you truly deserve. We are fully prepared to advocate fiercely on your behalf, seeking fair resolutions through just settlements or even trial if needed. Our unwavering commitment is to ensure equitable outcomes and protect your rights.
What Steps Should I Take Following a Car Accident?
In the unfortunate event of being in a car accident, the actions you take next will greatly impact the compensation you receive. By following the proper steps, you can streamline the process and expedite your recovery of damages.
After a car crash, you should:
- Ensure your immediate safety by swiftly moving vehicles off the road, if possible, and finding a secure location.
- In case of an emergency, dial 911 for immediate assistance. For non-emergency situations, contact your local police using the designated non-emergency number.
- Make sure that anyone who is injured receives immediate medical attention. If there is even a slight possibility that you have sustained injuries, seek an evaluation from a healthcare professional without delay.
- Collect the name, license plate number, driver’s license number, address, phone number, and insurance details from all other drivers involved.
- Obtain the names and contact details of witnesses, including individuals inside vehicles present during the accident.
- Capture images of everything: the vehicles, the broader scene, the road, injuries, and property damage.
- If the police arrive at the scene, it is important for them to document the incident by writing a report. In cases where the police do not respond to the accident, it is advisable to promptly file an accident report online as per Oklahoma law 42-4-1606. This ensures that the necessary documentation is completed even if the police were not directly involved in the response to the accident.
- To obtain a copy of the accident report, please fill out Form 2489 in its entirety.
- Maintain documentation of medical treatment, income loss, and any other pertinent information.
- If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to reach out to a qualified attorney promptly. They can provide guidance on your rights and assist you in filing a lawsuit to seek fair compensation.
Seeking immediate assistance from a car accident lawyer is of utmost importance. They possess the necessary expertise to preserve evidence of fault and damages, while also providing invaluable support. Be assured that we are dedicated to advocating for the rightful compensation you deserve.
What Types of Damages Can Be Recovered in a Car Accident Case?
Damages in car accident cases may include:
- Healthcare costs, encompassing hospitalizations and consultations with physicians.
- Home health care services
- Expenses related to physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Damage to property.
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
If you find yourself surprised by the unforeseen costs that arise from a car accident, our team of experienced lawyers is here to help. We will carefully evaluate your situation and determine the potential value of your case. Rest assured, we are dedicated to providing you with the best possible outcome.
How Can I Seek Compensation for the Damages I have Incurred?
In Oklahoma, every driver is required to have insurance coverage that meets the minimum requirements. However, this is just the beginning. There are additional avenues for seeking compensation, such as holding employers responsible for commercial drivers, identifying other third parties at fault, or even relying on your own insurance coverage. Our team of skilled lawyers, representing one of the leading car accident law firms, can guide you through the process of evaluating all potential sources of compensation to ensure you receive proper reparation for any damages sustained.
Regardless of the complexity of your case, you deserve an unwavering legal team that will passionately fight on your behalf. Our purpose is to achieve triumph for you, optimize your compensation, and deliver justice to you and your cherished ones.
How is Fault Determined in a Car Accident in Oklahoma?
In Oklahoma, the allocation of fault is the basis for determining responsibility in car accidents. Our law firm will evaluate the following to determine fault:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video evidence
- Location of damage on the vehicle
- Marks and debris on the road
- Cell phone records
- Alcohol and drug tests following the crash
- Admissions of other parties
Keep in mind that the police report does not have the final say. Allow our skilled attorneys to thoroughly investigate the liability in your case.
What are the Primary Factors that Contribute to Car Accidents?
The following are common causes of car accidents:
- Failure to yield
- Improper turns
- Bad weather, driving in the rain
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failing to leave enough following distance
- Distracted driving, texting
- Driving tired or fatigued
- DUI, drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicle defects
- Road rage
Regardless of whether the other driver receives a ticket or faces criminal charges, you may be entitled to financial compensation for a car accident. Violating a traffic law serves as compelling evidence of negligence and fault in an accident.
Is There a Skilled Car Accident Lawyer in My Vicinity?
At Strong Law, our impeccable track record speaks volumes. With a proven history of securing over $500 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients, we have firmly established ourselves as trial lawyers of exceptional skill and expertise. Whether representing you in court or diligently working towards a favorable settlement, rest assured that our unwavering commitment to justice remains steadfast.
Victims of car accidents possess the strength to stand up for themselves. Learn how our team of committed personal injury attorneys in Oklahoma can offer legal representation, without requiring any upfront expenses from you or your loved ones.
Free Consultation – Oklahoma Auto Accident Attorneys
Your case starts with a complimentary consultation with our team of highly skilled auto accident attorneys. Time is of the essence, so please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding your potential case. Conveniently located in Oklahoma, our office is here to assist you. Whether you’re searching for a “truck accident lawyer near me” or in need of a personal injury lawyer for any type of motor vehicle accident, our dedicated attorneys are ready to serve you and fight for the rightful compensation you deserve.
VISIT OUR AUTO ACCIDENT LAW OFFICES IN OKLAHOMA
Oklahoma Law Firm
3030 Northwest Expy Suite 300 #654
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
Phone: (720) 743-5046
We can also meet you at home or in the hospital.
Oklahoma Car Accident FAQs
Is it possible to submit a claim even if I don’t have a police report?
In Oklahoma, the ability to submit a claim without a police report can vary depending on the type of claim you are filing. For instance, when it comes to car accidents, having a police report is generally considered crucial for insurance claims. However, it is still possible to file a claim even without one.
If you don’t have a police report, you should gather as much information as possible about the incident, including:
- Contact Information: Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all parties involved.
- Witness Information: If there were any witnesses, gather their contact information as well.
- Photos: Take pictures of the scene, any damages, and relevant details.
- Insurance Information: Exchange insurance details with the other parties involved.
- Documentation: Keep any relevant documents, such as medical records or repair estimates.
Reach out to your insurance company to discuss the situation and share the information you’ve gathered. They will provide guidance on the next steps and inform you about any specific requirements for your type of claim.
Reporting incidents promptly and providing detailed information is highly recommended to expedite the claims process. It is important to note that specific requirements and procedures may vary depending on the type of claim and the insurance company involved.
What is the process for submitting an insurance claim?
The steps to filing an insurance claim are:
- Discovering the available insurance policies.
- Establishing liability for the accident
- Formally reporting the accident to the insurance companies is necessary to ensure proper documentation and claims processing.
- Determining the damages covered by your policy
- Submitting the information to the insurance company.
- Assessing the response from the insurance company and deciding whether to accept any settlement offers.
If the initial response from the insurance company falls short of your expectations, don’t lose heart. We’re here to fight for you. Our team of car accident lawyers in Oklahoma is dedicated to representing victims and assisting with insurance claims across Oklahoma.
What is the process for filing an injury claim following a car accident?
To file an insurance claim after a car accident, you must:
- When determining legal liability for an accident, it’s important to remember that responsibility may extend beyond just the driver. Consider factors such as employers, vehicle manufacturers, road maintenance agencies, and other relevant parties. By examining all potential contributors, a comprehensive understanding of the situation can be achieved.
- Demonstrate how the accident was a result of the defendant(s)’s negligence.
- To substantiate the injuries, damages, and suffering you have endured, it is crucial to establish a clear causal link to the accident.
- Clearly illustrate the extent of the damages, ensuring to comprehensively cover both financial losses and the intangible toll on well-being.
Which documents are required for the reimbursement of medical expenses?
In order to arrange payment for medical expenses, it is important to gather your treatment records and the associated costs. Additionally, it may be necessary to seek the opinion of an expert who can provide insight into your future care needs and estimate the projected expenses. This expert should also be able to confirm that your injuries are a direct result of the accident. Remember, it is always advisable to seek medical attention following a car crash.
How are my wages reimbursed?
Reimbursement for wages after a car accident encompasses both short-term and long-term impacts. In the short term, you experience a loss of income, while in the long term, you face setbacks in terms of promotions, benefits, and your entire career trajectory. Compensation may be provided based on what you could have achieved compared to what you can realistically earn considering your injuries and limitations.
What happens if the driver responsible for the accident doesn’t have insurance coverage?
Even if the party at fault is uninsured, you can still be eligible for compensation. There are alternative options to consider, such as pursuing their personal assets, identifying another party responsible, or even exploring coverage under your own policy. Our team of lawyers is here to assist you in conducting a thorough investigation.
What is Oklahoma’s Modified Comparative Fault?
Oklahoma follows a “modified comparative fault” system, which is also known as the “proportional fault model.” Under this system, if you are involved in a personal injury lawsuit, the court will consider the percentage of fault assigned to each party involved in the incident.
50% Bar Rule: In Oklahoma, the system incorporates a 50% bar rule. This means that an injured party can only recover damages if they are found to be 50% or less at fault for the incident. If the injured party is determined to be 51% or more at fault, they are barred from recovering any damages.
Proportional Responsibility: The degree of fault is assigned as a percentage to each party involved in the incident, including the injured party and the defendants. Damages awarded to the injured party are then reduced by their percentage of fault.
Multiple Parties: The modified comparative fault system allows for the allocation of fault among multiple parties involved in the incident. Each party’s responsibility is assessed, and damages are adjusted accordingly.
What are Oklahoma’s car insurance requirements?
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the car insurance requirements in Oklahoma include liability coverage. It’s important to note that insurance regulations may change, so it’s advisable to check with the Oklahoma Insurance Department or a qualified insurance professional for the most current information. As of my last update, the basic car insurance requirements in Oklahoma are:
- Liability Insurance:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death per person in an accident
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death per accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM):
- $25,000 per person for bodily injury
- $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP):
- $25,000 per person for medical expenses, rehabilitation, and funeral costs
Oklahoma law requires drivers to carry liability insurance to cover bodily injury and property damage that they may cause to others in an accident. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage provides protection in case you are involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance. Personal Injury Protection covers medical expenses and related costs for you and your passengers, regardless of who is at fault.
These are the minimum coverage requirements, and individuals may choose to purchase additional coverage for more comprehensive protection. Keep in mind that insurance regulations can change, and it’s crucial to stay informed about the current requirements in Oklahoma. Always consult with your insurance provider or a qualified professional for the latest and most accurate information regarding car insurance in the state.