Burn Injury Lawyer
The consequences of a burn accident can be extremely serious and even life-threatening. That is why the team at Strong Law, an esteemed Oklahoma City burn injury lawyer, comprehends the grief that burns may provoke in both short and long terms. We understand first hand what it's like to experience this unfortunate ordeal so we are committed to helping you get through it with care and compassion.
Suffering from severe burns can have a life-altering impact, leading to long-term consequences that impede your ability to return to the same quality of living you had before. The road ahead becomes much more difficult as it often leads to additional health complications while trying heal.
Trust a Strong Law Burn Injury Lawyer with Your Case
We comprehend the distress that can be caused when you're burned due to somebody else’s negligence. Unfortunately, serious infections, skin grafts, scarring and physical rehabilitation are all knowledgeably possible outcomes of such an event. We understand how helpless this may feel but strive to assist in whatever way we can.
When you hire our Oklahoma City burn injury lawyer, count on our team to work tirelessly to give you the best chance at reaching the fairest possible settlement. We will protect your rights to seek damages for your medical bills, pain, suffering, lost wages, and reduction in quality of life. Strong Law operates offices in the cities of Oklahoma City, Tacoma, Portland, and Salt Lake City. Call our burn injury attorney for a free consultation at 206-741-1053.
Winning Your Burn Injury Case: Strategies for Acquiring an Optimal Settlement
If you’ve suffered a burn due to an accident, seeking financial restitution begins with demonstrating that another party acted negligently and caused your injuries. Fortunately, if the individual responsible is insured by a reputable company, it’s possible for them to admit fault and shift focus toward receiving compensation for medical bills, discomfort endured, and any other suffering endured. With this admission in place, working together with a burn injury lawyer can be instrumental in obtaining justice.
Yet, if the insurer does not accept liability for your burn injury, you and your attorney will have to start by proving who was responsible. When this is done successfully, then it’s time to focus on reaching a reasonable settlement from that entity and its insurance provider.
Establishing Legal Responsibility in a Burn Injury Claim
To show that a particular party should be held liable for your burns, you need to show that four different elements occurred, including:
- Duty of care, When it comes to duty of care, it’s your responsibility to demonstrate that the responsible party had a legal obligation to ensure you were safeguarded from potential harm. For example, if an employer failed to provide a secure work environment and neglected their responsibility by not eliminating the risk of uncontrolled fires – this is when you must prove they owed you a duty of care.
- Violation of duty of care, In order to establish a breach of the duty of care, both you and your attorney must demonstrate that the at-fault party failed to keep you secure due to an error made on their part.
- Cause of injuries, Demonstrating that your injuries were a result of the accident, rather than due to another cause, is necessary when trying to prove your case.
- Suffered damages, To receive compensation for damages, you must present evidence of financial loss resulting from your injuries. This may include medical bills, medication expenses, and any wages lost due to the injury.
To validate your case, our experienced Oklahoma City burn injury lawyer will carry out a thorough investigation of how you obtained the burns. This can include an examination of police reports, interviewing witnesses and viewing any video footage connected to the accident. If necessary, we are willing to employ experts in accident recreation to clearly demonstrate what happened. Discover today how our burn injury attorney can build an invincible claim for you! Give our team at Strong Law a call at 206-741-1053.
Our Oklahoma City Burn Injury Attorney Answers Your Most Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions victims of burns have before they file a personal injury claim.
How much is a typical burn injury settlement amount?
What kinds of accidents can lead to burn injury settlements?
Can you file a claim for first degree burns?
Can you file a lawsuit for chemical burns?
How long do I have to file a claim in my burn accident?
Handling a Burn Injury Can Be an Incredibly Frustrating Experience
On a seemingly commonplace working day, tragedy can strike without warning. Equipment failure might cause a fire to erupt or toxic substances to spill out of nowhere, and with that you are suddenly living in an alternate world – one fraught with hospital visits, the possibility of disfigurement and physical pain for days on end. This is how quickly your environment can be altered due to workplace hazards.
Accidents are unavoidable, and they can leave even those who were not at fault in a difficult bind. This is especially true when the other party’s insurance company disputes your account of events or claims that your injuries aren’t as severe as you’ve stated. In these situations, it’s only natural to feel powerless – like there’s nothing you can do to fight back against such unjust accusations.
If the insurance company of the party at fault adamantly refuses to provide you with a just settlement for your burn injuries, we will continue standing in solidarity and fight for what you are entitled to. We will stay devoted towards obtaining justice by any means necessary – even if that requires taking legal action! For a free review of your case, contact our Oklahoma City burn injury lawyer at Strong Law at 206-741-1053 as soon as possible.
Rehabbing Your Burn Injuries
Although burn injuries themselves can involve intense pain, rehabilitating from them can involve significant pain too, according to Mayo Clinic. Some of the treatments you may have to undergo after suffering a serious burn injury include:
- Cleaning the wound, where wounds require washing and cleaning to remove any debris and to attempt to prevent the formation of dangerous infections.
- Dressing the wound, where doctors and nurses will bandage the damaged skin, creating pain during application and removal of the dressings.
- Skin grafts, where doctors may perform surgery, repositioning healthy skin from other areas of your body to replace damaged skin from the burns.
- Plastic surgery, where doctors may need to perform reconstructive surgery on damaged parts of the victim’s body, attempting to reduce the effects of scarring from the burns and to return freedom of movement to joints affected.
- Physical therapy, where therapists will help victims attempt to regain their full range of motion in limbs where burns occurred, which can include stretching the healing skin and improving the performance of joints with scarring.
- Help with feeding and breathing, where people with burns inside the throat from inhaling smoke may need tubes inserted in the throat, which can cause pain and discomfort.
It is common for people who suffer burn injuries to need large amounts of medication to manage the pain, both from the wounds and from physical therapy. Having such a high level of pain in this type of accident allows you and our burn injury attorney to seek a larger pain and suffering settlement than with some other kinds of cases.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”