Personal Injury Lawyers in Oklahoma City
When someone you love is hurt or worse, the repercussions for everyone involved can be heartbreaking and financially overwhelming. The physical pain and suffering of an injury victim should never go uncompensated; that's why it's critical to enlist a knowledgeable personal injury attorney who will fight for all necessary compensation deserved by the injured party.
At Strong Law, our Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping you reduce or eliminate the financial burden caused by an injury. Our team is always striving for a prompt settlement through litigation and will fight fiercely on your behalf for compensation that will assist in restoring your health, life and future.
Our Team is Committed to Providing Expert Representation for Injured Individuals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
No one should have to go through the stressful process of a lawsuit alone. As experienced Oklahoma City personal injury attorneys, we will take over all of your legal obstacles and investigations so you can hit pause on worrying about your case and focus on what matters most; recovering from any pain or trauma caused by the accident. With us handling insurance companies that try to offer low settlements, you don't need to stress out about anything!
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss the facts of what happened and determine the best way to proceed with getting you the compensation you deserve. There are no fees to you until we win a settlement, so call Strong Law at 206-741-1053 to get started.GET HELP TODAY
Get an Experienced Oklahoma City Personal Injury Attorney to Represent You
In Oklahoma, personal injury law can be extremely complicated and a single error could lead to costly consequences or even rejection of your claim. For this reason, it is critical to enlist the help of an experienced attorney who fully comprehends the state’s legal system as well as the tactics insurance companies use in order to minimize their payout. Immediately following any accident, Strong Law will quickly begin working on your case with expertise that has been honed through years of experience understanding Oklahoma court proceedings — all so you may obtain maximum compensation for damages incurred!
This is how Strong Law can help:
- We will take the time to sit down with you, attentively listen and understand your experience of the accident. Following this process, we can usually ascertain who is responsible for what happened.
- Ensuring that you receive the necessary medical attention and document your injuries is a critical step in recovering from an accident.
- Thoroughly examining the accident scene, collecting evidence such as surveillance videos and official documents like police reports and medical records are essential for undertaking a successful investigation.
- Gaining insight from those who witnessed it firsthand and those responsible for handling the situation is an essential part of investigating.
- Strictly adhering to the Oklahoma court’s deadlines and paperwork requirements is essential for a successful outcome.
- To accurately comprehend the car crash, hiring specialists to reconstruct the accident and present sworn evidence is essential.
- Determining what your case may be worth
- Negotiating with insurance companies and their attorneys for a fair settlement
- Taking your case to trial and advocating for you in front of a jury if necessary.
At Strong Law, you can count on our Oklahoma City legal team to be there for you, answering your questions and keeping you informed throughout the entire process.
Learn How Your Oklahoma City Personal Injury Attorney Can Get You Compensation
What are the economic and non-economic damages a Oklahoma City attorney can try to recover?
- Economic damages – When you suffer a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Economic damages are one type of compensation available in a personal injury lawsuit. Economic damages aim to compensate the injured person for their financial losses resulting from the injury. Economic damages are measurable financial losses that the injured person incurs as a result of the injury. In Oklahoma City, the following types of economic damages may be available in a personal injury lawsuit:
- medical and rehabilitative bills
- lost wages and earnings from being unable to work and lost business opportunities
- property damage
- burial costs
- costs of substitute domestic services.
- Noneconomic damages – are losses that are not related to financial loss or expenses, such as medical bills, lost wages, or property damage. They are commonly referred to as “pain and suffering” damages and are intended to compensate the plaintiff for the emotional and physical harm caused by the defendant’s negligence or intentional misconduct.Examples of non-economic damages:
- pain and suffering
- loss of companionship or consortium
- disability or disfigurement
- mental or emotional distress
- injury to reputation and humiliation
- destruction of the parent-child relationship.
What Can Determine the Amount of Compensation You May Recover?
The amount of compensation you may be able to recover in Oklahoma City personal injury cases can vary based on various factors. There are various types of personal injury cases, and the compensation awarded to the plaintiff will vary based on the type of case. Some common types of personal injury cases include:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Product liability
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian accidents
Consideration is made for:
- The Severity of the Injury – The severity of the plaintiff’s injury is one of the most significant factors that determine the amount of compensation awarded. The more severe the injury, the more compensation the plaintiff may be entitled to.
- Medical Bills – The plaintiff’s medical bills are another factor that determines compensation. The higher the medical bills, the more compensation the plaintiff may be entitled to.
- Lost Wages – If the plaintiff was unable to work due to their injury, they may be entitled to compensation for lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering – Pain and suffering refer to the physical and emotional distress the plaintiff experienced due to their injury. The more severe the pain and suffering, the more compensation the plaintiff may be entitled to.
- Property Damage – If the plaintiff’s property was damaged in the accident, they may be entitled to compensation for the repairs or replacement of the damaged property.
- Comparative Negligence – Oklahoma follows a comparative negligence rule, which means that if the plaintiff is partially at fault for the accident, their compensation may be reduced. The compensation amount will be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to the plaintiff.
When you suffer an injury in Oklahoma, the clock starts ticking. If two years pass by and you haven’t taken legal action, your right to pursue a claim could be forfeited altogether! All types of personal injury claims such as slip & fall accidents, medical malpractice, car collisions, wrongful death cases and product liability matters must all adhere to this 2-year statute of limitations from the date of the incident. Don’t let yourself become another victim; make sure to use your time wisely and file for compensation before it is too late!
It’s important to remember that the two-year statute of limitations does not always apply. If an injury is identified after the two-year period, then the statute may be prolonged until two years from its discovery. Similarly, minors will have their limitation increased to 18 years old.
Adhering to the statute of limitations is essential since any lawsuit that has not been filed within the given timeframe will be dismissed. As soon as this period expires, you lose your right to obtain compensation from those at fault for your injury or damages. Failing to meet these deadlines could have severe consequences and mean you miss out on seeking justice through legal means.
When you contact us, our Strong Law attorneys can provide an estimate of what your case should be worth. No matter what the situation, we know how to build strong cases that take into account all of your expenses and damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering.
An Attorney Can Help Prove Negligence in a Personal Injury Case.
To achieve a successful outcome in your case, it is essential that your attorney demonstrate the other party’s negligence and its direct connection to your injuries.
Proving negligence legally means showing the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant owed you a duty of care not to cause harm.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty by actions or failure to act.
- Cause: The defendant’s breach caused your injuries.
- Damage: You suffered damages as a result.
Everyone has a duty of care to act responsibly to avoid harming others. Examples of breaching duty and causing harm include:
- A drunk driver ran a red light and crashed into your car.
- A surgeon amputated the wrong limb.
- Your car’s airbags were defective and sent metal through your body.
Regardless of the cause, we will strive to find all liable parties and hold them responsible.
FAQ’s Clients Ask Oklahoma City Personal Injury Lawyers
If you’ve been gravely injured, you may have some questions or concerns. At Strong Law, we strive to help our valued clients understand the process of seeking justice for their personal injury case by providing answers to the most frequently asked questions.
What does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Oklahoma City ?
What if I am partially to blame for the accident?
Is there a time limit for filing a case?
Who can be held liable in a personal injury claim?
What if a death occurs from the injury?
”The team is awesome! Katrina was so helpful and there for me during the whole process. They never left me in the dark and were always open and honest about the process and likely outcome. I was so stressed going into this my whole life had changed because of what happened and I really appreciate strong law being there with me through the stress and getting an amazing win. :)” – Moe Poe (Google Review)
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”