New Mexico Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are a common occurrence in New Mexico, often leading to significant property damage, life-altering injuries, and even loss of life. Survivors of severe accidents are burdened with mounting medical expenses and rehabilitation costs, at a time when they may be unable to work. Moreover, the financial losses incurred can easily surpass the coverage limits of a car insurance policy. In the aftermath of such an incident, life may never be the same. That's why it's crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced New Mexico car accident lawyer.
If you or a loved one has been injured or lost their life in a car crash, you may be eligible for compensation through insurance or a car accident lawsuit. However, navigating New Mexico's complex personal injury laws can be challenging, and insurance companies often try to deny claims or offer inadequate settlements. Representing yourself in a car accident case can be a costly mistake, but with the assistance of an experienced car accident attorney, you can ensure that you receive the full compensation you rightfully deserve.
The car accident attorneys at Strong Law Firm in New Mexico specialize in managing all negotiations and legal challenges associated with securing equitable compensation. Allow us to alleviate the burden from your shoulders so that you can focus on your recovery and the well-being of your loved ones.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to determine the best way to move forward, and there are no fees unless we win your case. Call us today at 206-741-1053 to get started.FREE CONSULTATION
Talk to an New Mexico Car Accident Attorney Today!
If you’ve been experiencing painful and debilitating injuries following a car crash, our team of car accident lawyers is here to assist you in fighting for the rightful compensation you deserve. We comprehend the profound impact a car accident can have on your life. Don’t allow medical expenses, lost income, and financial burdens to weigh you and your family down. Let our dedicated motor vehicle accident lawyers in New Mexico advocate for your rights and provide the support you require.
At Strong Law, our team of personal injury attorneys possesses extensive experience in assisting individuals affected by accidents. With a remarkable history of successful outcomes, we are fully committed to advocating tirelessly for our clients. If you have been involved in a car accident, rest assured that we will vigorously fight for justice on your behalf. Our specialization lies in representing car accident victims, including families who have tragically lost loved ones due to wrongful death. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation you rightfully deserve, without any upfront costs. Get in touch with us today to explore how our expertise can genuinely make a significant impact on your case.
When Should I Consult a New Mexico Auto Accident Attorney?
Following a collision, numerous questions may arise. Do I require the expertise of a skilled car accident lawyer? Is there a reputable truck accident attorney in close proximity whom I can rely on? Can I manage the financial obligations associated with retaining legal counsel?
If you have suffered an injury, seeking the assistance of a personal injury lawyer can significantly enhance your situation. There are numerous scenarios in which having legal representation can prove advantageous for you.
- If you have suffered significant or permanent injuries, it is crucial to understand that seeking medical attention for your injuries may entitle you to compensation. We encourage you to contact us to discuss the potential compensation you may be eligible for. Our team is here to assist you with any inquiries you may have.
- You are unable to work due to your injuries.
- The responsibility for the accident remains uncertain.
- The case involves a commercial vehicle or driver.
- The accident could have multiple possible causes.
- The driver might have been intoxicated.
- The insurance company is deliberately delaying or offering a low settlement in the case.
- You lack the knowledge on how to initiate a case properly.
- You may be curious about the various forms of compensation that can be encompassed and whether a settlement offer is equitable.
- If you have concerns regarding your legal rights, it’s crucial to seek answers and find clarity.
When confronted with incidents resulting in significant property damage or medical expenses, the guidance of an auto accident lawyer can be invaluable. Our dedicated legal team operates on a contingency fee basis, ensuring that you will only be accountable for payment if we successfully secure a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Don’t allow insurance companies to pressure you into settling for less than you rightfully deserve. We are fully prepared to vigorously advocate for you, pursuing fair resolutions through just settlements or even trial, if necessary. Our unwavering dedication is to secure equitable outcomes and safeguard your rights.
What Steps Should I Take Following a Car Accident?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate event of a car accident, the actions you take afterwards will significantly affect the compensation you receive. By following the correct steps, you can simplify the process and expedite your recovery of damages.
After a car crash, you should:
- Ensure your immediate safety by swiftly moving vehicles off the road, if possible, and finding a secure location.
- In case of an emergency, dial 911 for immediate assistance. For non-emergency situations, contact your local police using the designated non-emergency number.
- Make sure that anyone who is injured receives immediate medical attention. If there is even a slight possibility that you have sustained injuries, seek an evaluation from a healthcare professional without delay.
- Collect the name, license plate number, driver’s license number, address, phone number, and insurance details from all other drivers involved.
- Obtain the names and contact details of witnesses, including individuals inside vehicles present during the accident.
- Capture images of everything: the vehicles, the broader scene, the road, injuries, and property damage.
- Maintain documentation of medical treatment, income loss, and any other pertinent information.
- If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to reach out to a qualified attorney promptly. They can provide guidance on your rights and assist you in filing a lawsuit to seek fair compensation.
It is crucial to promptly seek assistance from a car accident lawyer. They possess the expertise required to preserve evidence of fault and damages while providing invaluable support. Rest assured that we are committed to advocating for the rightful compensation you deserve.
What Types of Damages Can Be Recovered in a Car Accident Case?
In car accident cases, the damages can encompass various aspects, such as healthcare costs including hospitalizations and consultations with physicians, expenses related to physical therapy and rehabilitation, home health care services, property damage, lost income, pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress. If you are caught off guard by the unexpected costs resulting from a car accident, our team of experienced lawyers is here to assist you. We will thoroughly assess your situation and determine the potential value of your case. Rest assured, we are fully committed to achieving the best possible outcome for you.
How Can I Seek Compensation for the Damages I have Incurred?
In New Mexico, it is mandatory for every driver to have insurance coverage that meets the minimum requirements. However, this is just the starting point. There are additional avenues to explore when seeking compensation. For instance, holding employers accountable for commercial drivers, identifying other third parties at fault, or even relying on your own insurance coverage. Our team of highly skilled lawyers, representing one of the leading car accident law firms, can expertly guide you through the process of evaluating all potential sources of compensation. Rest assured that we will ensure you receive proper reparation for any damages sustained.
No matter how complex your case may be, you deserve a steadfast legal team that will tirelessly advocate for you. Our mission is to secure victory on your behalf, maximize your compensation, and bring justice to you and your loved ones.
How is Fault Determined in a Car Accident in New Mexico?
In New Mexico, the determination of responsibility in car accidents is based on the allocation of fault. Our law firm will thoroughly assess the following factors to establish fault:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video evidence
- Location of vehicle damage
- Road marks and debris
- Injuries sustained
- Cell phone records
- Alcohol and drug tests conducted after the crash
- Statements made by other parties involved
It’s important to note that the final decision does not solely rely on the police report. Our experienced attorneys will conduct a comprehensive investigation to ascertain liability in your case. Entrust us to provide you with the meticulous legal representation you deserve.
What are the Primary Factors that Contribute to Car Accidents?
The following are common causes of car accidents:
- Failure to yield
- Improper turns
- Bad weather, driving in the rain
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failing to leave enough following distance
- Distracted driving, texting
- Driving tired or fatigued
- DUI, drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicle defects
- Road rage
Irrespective of whether the other driver is issued a ticket or faces criminal charges, you may have a right to seek financial compensation in the event of a car accident. The violation of a traffic law can serve as persuasive evidence of negligence and fault, strengthening your case.
Is There a Skilled Car Accident Lawyer in My Vicinity?
At Strong Law, our outstanding track record speaks volumes. With a proven history of securing over $500 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients, we have firmly established ourselves as highly skilled trial lawyers. Whether advocating for you in court or diligently pursuing a favorable settlement, you can trust in our unwavering commitment to justice.
Car accident victims demonstrate remarkable resilience as they advocate for their rights. Discover how our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys in New Mexico can provide exceptional legal representation, without imposing any upfront costs on you or your loved ones.
Free Consultation – New Mexico Auto Accident Attorneys
Your case starts with a complimentary consultation with our team of highly skilled auto accident attorneys. Time is of the essence, so please don’t hesitate to contact us regarding your potential case. Conveniently located in New Mexico, our office is here to assist you. Whether you’re searching for a “truck accident lawyer near me” or in need of a personal injury lawyer for any type of motor vehicle accident, our dedicated attorneys are ready to serve you and fight for the rightful compensation you deserve.
VISIT OUR AUTO ACCIDENT LAW OFFICES IN NEW MEXICO
New Mexico Law Firm
500 Marquette Ave NW suite 1200
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Phone: (505) 726-4938
We can also meet you at home or in the hospital.
New Mexico Car Accident FAQs
Is it possible to submit a claim even if I don’t have a police report?
In New Mexico, the ability to submit a claim without a police report can vary depending on the type of claim you are filing. For instance, when it comes to car accidents, having a police report is generally considered crucial for insurance claims. However, it is still possible to file a claim even without one.
If you don’t have a police report, you should gather as much information as possible about the incident, including:
- Contact Information: Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all parties involved.
- Witness Information: If there were any witnesses, gather their contact information as well.
- Photos: Take pictures of the scene, any damages, and relevant details.
- Insurance Information: Exchange insurance details with the other parties involved.
- Documentation: Keep any relevant documents, such as medical records or repair estimates.
Reach out to your insurance company to discuss the situation and share the information you’ve gathered. They will provide guidance on the next steps and inform you about any specific requirements for your type of claim.
Reporting incidents promptly and providing detailed information is highly recommended to expedite the claims process. It is important to note that specific requirements and procedures may vary depending on the type of claim and the insurance company involved.
What is the process for submitting an insurance claim?
The steps to filing an insurance claim are:
- Discovering the available insurance policies.
- Establishing liability for the accident
- Formally reporting the accident to the insurance companies is necessary to ensure proper documentation and claims processing.
- Determining the damages covered by your policy
- Submitting the information to the insurance company.
- Assessing the response from the insurance company and deciding whether to accept any settlement offers.
If the initial response from the insurance company falls short of your expectations, don’t lose heart. We’re here to fight for you. Our team of car accident lawyers in New Mexico is dedicated to representing victims and assisting with insurance claims across New Mexico.
What is the process for filing an injury claim following a car accident?
To file an insurance claim after a car accident, you must:
- When determining legal liability for an accident, it’s important to remember that responsibility may extend beyond just the driver. Consider factors such as employers, vehicle manufacturers, road maintenance agencies, and other relevant parties. By examining all potential contributors, a comprehensive understanding of the situation can be achieved.
- Demonstrate how the accident was a result of the defendant(s)’s negligence.
- To substantiate the injuries, damages, and suffering you have endured, it is crucial to establish a clear causal link to the accident.
- Clearly illustrate the extent of the damages, ensuring to comprehensively cover both financial losses and the intangible toll on well-being.
Which documents are required for the reimbursement of medical expenses?
In order to arrange payment for medical expenses, it is important to gather your treatment records and the associated costs. Additionally, it may be necessary to seek the opinion of an expert who can provide insight into your future care needs and estimate the projected expenses. This expert should also be able to confirm that your injuries are a direct result of the accident. Remember, it is always advisable to seek medical attention following a car crash.
How are my wages reimbursed?
Reimbursement for wages after a car accident encompasses both short-term and long-term impacts. In the short term, you experience a loss of income, while in the long term, you face setbacks in terms of promotions, benefits, and your entire career trajectory. Compensation may be provided based on what you could have achieved compared to what you can realistically earn considering your injuries and limitations.
What happens if the driver responsible for the accident doesn’t have insurance coverage?
Even if the party at fault is uninsured, you can still be eligible for compensation. There are alternative options to consider, such as pursuing their personal assets, identifying another party responsible, or even exploring coverage under your own policy. Our team of lawyers is here to assist you in conducting a thorough investigation.
What is New Mexico’s Pure Comparative Fault?
Under this system, also known as pure comparative negligence, an injured party’s recovery of damages is not barred, regardless of their percentage of fault. However, the damages awarded are reduced in proportion to the injured party’s degree of fault.
Here’s how pure comparative fault works in New Mexico for car accidents:
- If you are involved in a car accident and are found to be partially at fault, you can still pursue a claim for damages.
- The amount of damages you can recover is reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you are 30% at fault, your damages award will be reduced by 30%.
- This system allows for a fair allocation of damages based on each party’s level of responsibility for the accident.
It’s important to note that laws can change, and it’s advisable to consult with a legal professional or check the latest state statutes for any updates or changes in the comparative fault system in New Mexico. Legal advice specific to your situation can provide more accurate and current information.
What are New Mexico’s car insurance requirements?
New Mexico has specific car insurance requirements that drivers must comply with. It’s important to note that insurance regulations may change, so it’s advisable to check with the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division or a qualified insurance professional for the most current information. As of my last update, the basic car insurance requirements in New Mexico are:
- Liability Insurance:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death per person in an accident
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death per accident
- $10,000 for property damage per accident
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM):
- $25,000 per person for bodily injury
- $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
New Mexico law requires liability insurance to cover bodily injury and property damage that a driver may cause to others in an accident. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage provides protection in case you are involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance.
These are the minimum coverage requirements, and individuals may choose to purchase additional coverage for more comprehensive protection. It’s essential to comply with the state’s insurance laws, and failure to do so may result in fines, license suspension, or other penalties.
Since insurance regulations can change, it’s recommended to consult with your insurance provider or a qualified professional for the latest and most accurate information regarding car insurance requirements in New Mexico.