Meridian Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents happen frequently in Idaho and can result in major property damage, devastating injuries, and even death. Survivors of serious accidents face mounting medical and rehabilitation bills at a time they may be unable to work, and suffer financial losses that can easily exceed the limits of a car insurance policy. Life may never be the same.
If you or a loved one was injured or someone has died in a car crash, you may be entitled to compensation through insurance or a car accident lawsuit. However, Idaho personal injury laws are complicated, and insurance companies will attempt to deny claims or get you to settle for less than your case is worth. Representing yourself in a car accident case could be a costly mistake, but an experienced car accident attorney can help you get the full compensation you deserve.
Our team at Strong Law knows the challenges of facing financial worries while recovering from injuries after an accident and will be your best ally as you go through your car accident case. While no amount of money can make up for the trauma, pain, and suffering you are going through, a monetary award can help take the burdens off you and help you rebuild your life. We know the complexities of Idaho law and how to deal with the insurance companies and their attorneys, the courts, and the system. Our Meridian car accident attorneys will handle all negotiations and legal hurdles involved with winning fair compensation. Let us take the burden off you so you can concentrate on your recovery and your family.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to determine the best way to move forward, and there are no fees unless we win your case. Call us today at 206-741-1053 to get started.
Our Meridian Car Accident Attorney Works for You
Why Choose Strong Law?
There are many attorneys in Meridian, and it’s important for you to find one you not only feel comfortable with, but who has the qualifications to get the results you need. Here are some reasons why we think Strong Law is your best choice:
- We have the experience you need. Attorney Jed Strong founded the firm in 2016, after working for insurance companies and learning their inner workings. He uses his inside knowledge of insurance companies to help advocate for his clients.
- We care about our clients. It shows in the testimonials they provide to describe how we’ve helped them through the difficult times after a Meridian car crash.
- We win big. Our Meridian car accident attorneys at Strong Law win 98% of our cases, including a $1.1 million settlement for a rear-end accident at a stoplight.
- We take care of all dealings with insurance companies. We know the tactics insurance companies use and know how to negotiate on your behalf. We make every effort to win a fair settlement out of court but are fully prepared to take your case to court if necessary.
- We offer free consultations to discuss the circumstances of your case and show you how we can help.
- We work on a contingency basis, so you pay no fees unless and until we win and you get your money.
How Can a Meridian Car Accident Attorney Help You?
When you have our Strong Law legal team on your side, we will start working for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss how the accident happened, who you think the at-fault parties may be, and determine what type of settlement we should go after.
- Investigate the accident thoroughly, gathering evidence such as photos and videos from the scene and from police, ambulance and medical reports.
- Interview witnesses and first responders.
- Consult with experts in accident reconstruction and experts who can testify as to your costs, damages, and the expected effects on your life.
- Thoroughly assess all your damages, including current and future medical bills, all forms of lost income, damaged property and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering
- Negotiate with the insurance company and their lawyers for maximum compensation.
- Build your case and take it to court to win full and fair compensation, should negotiations break down.
Our legal team at Strong Law has extensive expertise in assisting accident victims in Meridian in obtaining sizeable settlements and victories at trial, and we are there to help you through this really difficult time in your life. We’ll explain the process of your case at every step and will be ready to answer any questions you may have. With Strong Law, you have an advocate dedicated to you. We truly care about your recovery and your future. Our Meridian car accident lawyers have seen how other car accident victims have had their lives turned upside down. It is our mission to get your life back on track as soon as possible. Let us take care of all legal hurdles and requirements.
Don’t leave your future to chance. Get the best possible outcome and all the compensation you deserve in your Meridian car accident case.
After you or a loved one suffered an injury in one of the many crashes on Meridian roadways, you need to work with our Meridian car accident lawyer immediately. The first steps right after an accident are to get medical attention and report the accident to your insurance company. You next step needs to be contacting our car accident attorney as soon as possible. Don’t provide any details to your insurer without getting our guidance first.
Our car accident lawyers at Strong Law can help you get compensation for your injuries to cover the costs of your medical care right after the accident and in the future. We are ready to fight for what you deserve to get compensation for your lost wages and for damages to your property. Call Strong Law today at 206-741-1053.
How Can a Meridian Car Accident Attorney Help Recover Compensation?
Expenses can quickly add up after a severe accident. That’s why our attorneys are careful to document all the details of your injuries and the medical care you’ll need. Our efforts mean we can secure compensation that will cover the added expenses you’ll face. Our job is to relieve your stress. You should not have to shoulder financial worries. Instead, you should be able to focus on healing.
In a successful case in Idaho, our Strong Law personal injury attorneys can win a settlement that covers both your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages — When you are involved in a car accident in Meridian which results in serious injury, you may be able to be compensated for economic damages which cover your financial losses that include:
- Lost Wages — Whether you are out of work for a couple of weeks or a few months or your injuries require you to be out of work permanently, you are entitled to be compensated for your wage losses. If you cannot return to work, your car accident lawyers in Meridian can estimate how much you could potentially lose in wages and benefits.
- Medical Expenses — In addition to the medical bills for your treatment immediately following an accident, you can also seek compensation for specialized tests, transportation to and from medical visits, and prescription medications. Severe car accidents that result in brain or spinal injuries may have very high medical costs.
- Home Modifications — If your home requires modification so you can stay at home while recovering, you may be able to hold the negligent parties financially responsible for the costs of these modifications.
- Property damage, including repairing or replacing your car.
- In the case of a fatal accident, funeral and burial expenses.
- Other Possible Compensation — Every case is different, and it is important for you to have a skilled health care team address your physical condition following a car accident. If you are unable to return to work, you may be entitled to get compensation for vocational rehabilitation and other expenses which you may incur as a result of your injuries. In extreme cases, we may be able to seek punitive damages.
Noneconomic damages — Depending on the details of your accident, you may also be entitled to payment for your noneconomic damages. These are for damages that don’t have a specific dollar value, but negatively impact your life, such as:
- pain and suffering
- loss of companionship or consortium
- disability or disfigurement
- mental or emotional distress.
No one should be put in financial peril because of someone else’s negligence. As soon as possible after a car accident, you should contact our Boise car accident attorney for help. Rather than attempt to negotiate with an insurance company on your own, let someone who is committed to getting the maximum possible compensation for your injuries advocate on your behalf. Our team will explain how this applies in your case.
Call Strong Law today at 206-741-1053 to speak with a Meridian car accident lawyer.
How an Attorney Can Help Prove Negligence in Your Car Accident?
To win your car accident lawsuit, our car accident attorney will have to show that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and at fault, and therefore liable for the accident. The following are necessary elements to prove liability:
- The defendant had a duty of care not to harm you,
- The party violated that duty,
- This violation caused your injuries, and
- You suffered damages as a result.
In addition to another driver, who may have driven while drunk or distracted, there may be other parties who were negligent and contributed to the accident. Examples include the manufacturer of the car or its parts, if these were defective and failed; the mechanic who repaired a car improperly; or a road maintenance company that left debris in the road. Our Meridian car accident attorneys would look to name them all as defendants, as they all may have assets and insurance that can go toward a settlement.
Meridian Car Accident Attorneys Answer FAQs
After a traumatic car accident, you are bound to have questions and concerns. While these are best covered in your free consultation, to get you started, here are some answers to questions our car accident lawyers are often asked.
Should I accept an offer from the insurance company?
Do not accept any offer from insurance without having our attorneys review it first. Insurance companies are out for profit and will attempt to get you to accept a lowball offer quickly, so they can be off the hook for future losses. Once you do, chances are you will be forfeiting your right to ask for additional compensation should your losses exceed the amount you are offered. We are aware of the tactics they use and know how to negotiate on your behalf. Tell the insurance company to speak to your attorney and let Strong Law handle all dealings with them.
How much can I collect for my injuries following a Meridian car accident?
There is no set amount a victim of a Meridian car accident can count on for a settlement. Numerous factors, including the severity of your injuries, the time you lose from work, and the long-term outlook for your health, will all play a role in the final outcome. The more serious an injury, the higher the potential settlement.
How much compensation will I get?
There is no set amount a victim of a Meridian car accident can count on for a settlement, which may range from the thousands to the millions of dollars, depending on the circumstances. Numerous factors, including the severity of your injuries, the time you lose from work, your actual costs, and the long-term outlook for your health, will all play a role in the final outcome. The more serious an injury, the higher the potential settlement. The skill and negotiating power of your Meridian car accident attorney also plays a role.
Will I have to go to court?
In most cases, you will not have to go to court, and you may not even need to file a lawsuit. Our Strong Law car accident attorneys will have a good idea of what your case is worth and will negotiate on your behalf for a fair settlement. If negotiations break down and we have to file a lawsuit, there is still a good chance that we can reach a settlement before the case goes to trial. However, we are fully prepared to litigate if necessary.
What if a death occurs from the injury?
If the injury results in a death, we can file a suit for wrongful death. Wrongful death cases can be thought of as a personal injury case where family members or the personal representative of the deceased bring a claim for their loved one who can no longer bring it themselves.
How much does it cost to hire a Meridian car accident lawyer?
The good news is that at Strong Law you do not have to worry about paying legal fees up front. Our Meridian car accident attorneys accept cases on a contingency basis. This means unless we are successful in obtaining a settlement on your behalf, we do not collect any legal fees. Once we settle your case, we will take our fee from the settlement.
We understand that clients have many questions after an accident and are here to answer them as they arise. Our Meridian car accident lawyers will be there for you throughout the entire legal process, keeping you informed and addressing your concerns.
What to Do After a Meridian Car Accident?
Following a car accident, victims should take the following steps and heed these warnings:
- Seek medical attention – Even when you think your injuries are minor, get immediate medical attention.
- Notify your insurance company — Use caution when speaking with insurers to make sure you do not accept any blame for the accident.
- Keep track of your progress and setbacks — As you recover, keep track of any progress you make recovering from your injuries, as well as any setbacks you may experience.
There are important reasons for these steps. Proving your injuries requires medical documentation. When speaking with an insurance adjuster, accepting any responsibility could impact your ability to get a fair settlement. Finally, your car accident lawyer will need information about your recovery and setbacks to strengthen your legal claim.
Facts About Meridian Car Accident Injury Cases
According to the Idaho Transportation Department, there were a total of 3,293 car accidents in Meridian, ID in 2021. Of those accidents, 23 resulted in fatalities and 1,046 resulted in injuries.
The most common causes of car accidents in Meridian, ID are speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In fact, distracted driving was the leading cause of car accidents in Meridian, ID in 2021, accounting for 32% of all accidents.
The majority of car accidents in Meridian, ID occur during the daytime, with the most accidents occurring between 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM. In terms of location, most accidents occur on highways and main roads, particularly on Interstate 84 and State Route 55.
Victims of a car accident should document any physical changes they are dealing with during their recovery. This can be important, because over the course of a couple of weeks following an accident, you may see signs or symptoms which indicate you have a more serious injury than was first thought. Should this occur, make sure you follow up with your healthcare team.
”I was in a hit and run accident on March 11, 2022. Strong Law Firm took my case. I had excellent service from them. My attorney Ben was great, but the super Star was Cristina. She truly took the bull by the horns and got everything done for me in a timely and expeditious manner. She was a true peach and I am so glad to have worked with her. Thanks Cristina!!!” – Laurie Rogers (Google Review)
“I hired Strong Law after my car accident. Jed and his team worked hard on my case. They were professional and compassionate through my surgery and as I recovered, and they were awesome on communication. I got justice and awesome compensation. I would recommend Strong Law to anyone in my situation.”
– Rick R.
“I want to thank Jed and Tory of Strong Law for their outstanding help with my case. The attention to details and keeping me informed at all times made for a positive outcome. Thank you again for your help, determination, and hard work. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone in need of an excellent lawyer.”
– Jaretta O.
“Unbelievable work! I had a claim involving my own insurance company. I tried to negotiate with them, and they completely denied my claim – two times. I then hired Strong Law, and the change was instant. The insurance company immediately began negotiating, and Jed was able to secure an unbelievably good settlement. I will never again attempt to take-on an insurance company without Strong Law in my corner. Thank you!”
– Jonathon S.
“Absolutely outstanding! I was involved in a motorcycle accident and Jed led the way! Definitely top notch! When it matters, call strong law!”
– Edwin S.
“While working a wrongful death case of my husband’s, throughout the legal process, Jed pursued every possible resource and angle to ensure that we would receive policy limits despite intense resistance from the representatives of the insurance companies. We are deeply grateful to him for the funds we received and the lasting friendship that grew out of the entire ordeal.”
Contact An Experienced Meridian Car Accident Attorney Today
After a serious car accident, you can be left traumatized and unsure of where to turn, but you can trust Strong Law to help. You can count on us to put together a strong case for you and aggressively fight for justice and a settlement that will relieve your financial problems and make your burdens easier to bear. Let our experienced car accident lawyers in Meridian give you the peace of mind of knowing you have someone fighting to protect your best interests in a car accident injury case. We have offices in three states and conveniently located offices in Boise, Tacoma, Portland and SLC.
Don’t delay, as there are time limits for filing a case in court. Idaho’s statute of limitations is generally 2 years from the date of your accident or injury or after a wrongful death occurs. If you do not file in time, you may be permanently barred from recovering any compensation for your injuries. In addition, it is important to have our lawyers start working on your case as soon as possible while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found.
Be sure to discuss with Meridian car accident lawyers all the fees which are involved in a lawsuit. Your lawyer will work closely with you to determine what damages you can request compensation for and the minimum amount you are willing to accept as a settlement. Remember, even after you hire a car accident attorney, you remain in control of whether an offer should be accepted.
Call our car accident lawyer in Meridian today at 206-741-1053 for a free initial consultation to discuss your individual situation and see how we can help. There is no charge unless we win a settlement for you.