Everett Nursing Home Lawyers
Your parents and grandparents took care of you when you were younger, and now it is your turn to return the favor. Many of our elders are placed in nursing homes because they cannot take care of themselves and need around-the-clock care. You placed your elderly loved one in a nursing home because you thought that they would be well taken care of.
Unfortunately, patients can sometimes be the victims of abuse or neglect at nursing homes. If you feel that your loved one has been neglected or abused, give Strong Law a call at 206-741-1053 for a free consultation. Our nursing home abuse lawyers in Everett, WA, can help by getting you and your loved ones justice.FREE CONSULTATION
Are You A Victim of Nursing Home Abuse in Everett, WA?
Nursing home abuse can take many forms, all of which are very serious and should not be taken lightly. These are some examples of abuse that takes place in nursing homes:
- Actual physical abuse to the patient
- Psychological abuse by staff and administration at the nursing home
- Neglect of the patient, by not caring fully for their needs
- Financial abuse by illegally taking money or coaxing patients into handing over funds.
Washington State Has an Abuse of Vulnerable Adults Law
In Washington State, the law that protects elders from abuse is called the Abuse of Vulnerable Adults statute. This law protects those adults who are the most at risk of being abused or neglected. In order to file a lawsuit under these statutes, the patient must meet one of many conditions. If you feel that your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, contact our nursing home abuse lawyers in Everett at 206-741-1053.
I Think My Relative is Being Neglected in a Nursing Home. What Do I Do?
If you think that your relative is a victim of nursing home neglect, you should first contact the administrators of the home. You should tell them that you think your loved one is being neglected and that you want to know what the process is for filing a complaint.
If the conditions in the nursing home do not improve and you are still worried about your loved one, contact nursing home abuse lawyers in Everett as soon as you can. The attorneys at Strong Law can help you with the process of filing a formal complaint with Washington State. Complaints in Washington can be filed with Adult Protective Services or an Ombudsman online.
It is important to have experienced legal professionals on your side so that you can get justice for your loved ones. Notifying the state can move the process along quickly so that the lives of those in the nursing homes can be improved quickly and efficiently.
Strong Law, Nursing Home Attorneys in Everett, WA
Jed Strong, the founder of Strong Law, knows that nursing home abuse and neglect cases can be devastating to you and your loved ones. That is why he and his nursing home attorneys will do everything they can to recover all the compensation you deserve.
- Edwin S. says that he was in a motorcycle accident and that “Jed led the way!”
- Nick S. says that Jed and his team were “Very professional” and that they treated him as an equal.
- Guillermo H. says that the attorneys at Strong Law were “always very helpful and honest.”
Our Everett, WA, nursing home lawyers want to help you with your case. Give us a call at 206-737-7108 today for a free consultation.
Nursing Home Residents Have Rights
According to the Federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, residents in nursing homes have numerous fundamental rights. Some of those rights are:
- To be treated with dignity and respect, which includes your right to make your own schedule and choosing when you go to bed and wake up in the morning
- To be free from abuse and neglect, which includes freedom from verbal, sexual, physical, and mental abuse
- To be free of restraints (both physical and chemical)
- To be able to make complaints to staff at the nursing home
- To get proper medical care , which includes being informed about your total health status and to participate in your medical decisions.
Let the Everett nursing home attorneys at Strong Law help with your nursing home injuries. Reach out to us at 206-741-1053.
Common Issues of Neglect That Can Occur in Nursing Homes
Neglect in nursing homes can occur for many reasons, including understaffing and having staff members who haven’t been properly trained. Whatever the cause, common types of nursing home neglect that can happen include:
- Bed Injuries, including sores
- Improper nourishment
- Falls from a bed or chair
Our Everett nursing home lawyers know the signs of neglect in a nursing home. If you suspect that your loved one is suffering from neglect, call us today for a consultation.
Common Types of Abuse That Can Occur in Nursing Homes
Abuse in nursing homes can be in the form of physical violence, but there are other forms of abuse that can take place in nursing homes in Everett, WA, as well. Some of the types of patient abuse are:
- Physically assaulting a nursing home patient
- Taking or stealing money from a nursing home resident
- Yelling or threatening a nursing home patient
- Neglecting a nursing home resident when they can’t take care of themselves.
Whether your loved one is being abused or neglected, we want to help. Our Everett nursing home lawyers in Everett, WA, are available to take your call.
Signs of Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse
There are sometimes warning signs that your loved one in a nursing home is being neglected or abused. Once you understand the signs of abuse and neglect, you will be able to stop it sooner. If you see any of the following warning signs, you should contact the nursing home administration right away. Then call Strong Law to assess the situation and fight for the rights of you and your loved one. Some of the warning signs are:
- Changes in behavior of the resident
- Resident’s possessions are missing
- Residents are being over-medicated
- Sudden withdrawal of money from banks or a sudden change in a will
- Staff not letting a visitor be alone with the resident
- Mysterious bruises, cuts, or fractures.
Damages You Can Get From a Nursing Home Lawsuit in Everett, WA
Compensation can be sought by nursing home residents for injuries that they endure as a result of abuse or neglect. The amount of compensation depends on the degree and nature of the abuse as well as the types of injuries suffered by the patient. Some of the common claims for abuse at nursing homes include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional damage and trauma
- Medical expenses as a result of injuries.
Nursing Home Abuse FAQs
What will a nursing home attorney do for me and my loved one?
What is the statute of limitations to file a nursing home lawsuit in Everett, WA?
How long will it take to litigate my nursing home abuse claim?
How much will it cost me to litigate a nursing home abuse case in Everett, WA?
How do I sign up with you to represent me in a case?
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”