If you’re dealing with painful and debilitating injuries following a crash, our team of car accident lawyers is here to assist you in fighting for the rightful compensation you deserve. We understand that a car accident can have a profound impact on your life. Don’t let medical expenses, lost income, and financial burdens weigh you and your family down. Allow our dedicated Colorado motor vehicle accident lawyers to advocate for your rights and provide the support you need.
Our team of personal injury lawyers at Strong Law has extensive experience in assisting accident victims. We have a proven track record of success in advocating for our clients. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, we are prepared to fight for justice on your behalf. We specialize in representing car accident victims, including families who have lost loved ones due to wrongful death. Our goal is to help you receive the maximum compensation you deserve, and we do not require any upfront costs. Contact us today to discover how our expertise can make a difference in your case.
When should I consult an auto accident attorney?
Following a crash, you might find yourself pondering several inquiries: Do I require the guidance of a skilled car wreck lawyer? Is there a reputable truck accident attorney in close proximity whom I can rely on? Is it financially feasible for me to enlist the services of an attorney?
If you have sustained an injury, a personal injury lawyer can greatly enhance your situation. There are several circumstances where having legal representation can be advantageous for you.
- If you have experienced significant or permanent injuries, it is important to note that seeking medical attention for your injuries could potentially entitle you to compensation. Feel free to reach out to us and inquire about the compensation you may be eligible for.
- You are unable to work due to your injuries.
- The responsibility for the accident remains uncertain.
- The case involves a commercial vehicle or driver.
- The accident could have multiple possible causes.
- The driver might have been intoxicated.
- The insurance company is deliberately delaying or offering a low settlement in the case.
- You lack the knowledge on how to initiate a case properly.
- You may be curious about the various forms of compensation that can be encompassed and whether a settlement offer is equitable.
- If you have concerns regarding your legal rights, it’s crucial to seek answers and find clarity.
In circumstances where significant property damage or medical bills are involved, engaging the services of an auto accident lawyer can be invaluable. Our dedicated legal team operates on a contingency fee basis, ensuring that you only pay if we secure a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Do not allow insurance companies to intimidate you into accepting less than what you rightfully deserve. We are prepared to advocate fiercely on your behalf, resolving cases through just settlements or even through trial if necessary. Our commitment is to ensure fair outcomes and to protect your rights.
What steps should I take following a car accident?
In the unfortunate event of being involved in a car accident, the actions you take next will play a crucial role in determining the compensation you receive. By following the proper steps, you can streamline the process and expedite your recovery of damages.
After a car crash, you should:
- Ensure your immediate safety by swiftly moving vehicles off the road, if possible, and finding a secure location.
- In case of an emergency, dial 911 for immediate assistance. For non-emergency situations, contact your local police using the designated non-emergency number.
- Make sure that anyone who is injured receives immediate medical attention. If there is even a slight possibility that you have sustained injuries, seek an evaluation from a healthcare professional without delay.
- Collect the name, license plate number, driver’s license number, address, phone number, and insurance details from all other drivers involved.
- Obtain the names and contact details of witnesses, including individuals inside vehicles present during the accident.
- Capture images of everything: the vehicles, the broader scene, the road, injuries, and property damage.
- If the police arrive at the scene, it is important for them to document the incident by writing a report. In cases where the police do not respond to the accident, it is advisable to promptly file an accident report online as per Colorado law 42-4-1606. This ensures that the necessary documentation is completed even if the police were not directly involved in the response to the accident.
- To obtain a copy of the accident report, please fill out Form 2489 in its entirety.
- Maintain documentation of medical treatment, income loss, and any other pertinent information.
- If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to reach out to a qualified attorney promptly. They can provide guidance on your rights and assist you in filing a lawsuit to seek fair compensation.
Contacting a car accident lawyer promptly is crucial. They possess the expertise to preserve evidence of fault and damages, while also providing the necessary support. Rest assured, we are committed to advocating for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
What types of damages can be recovered in a car accident case?
Damages in car accident cases may include:
- Healthcare costs, encompassing hospitalizations and consultations with physicians.
- Home health care services
- Expenses related to physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Damage to property.
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
You may be taken aback by the unexpected expenses that come with a car accident. Allow our team of lawyers to assess your situation and determine the potential value of your case.
How can I seek compensation for the damages I have incurred?
In Colorado, it is mandatory for all drivers to carry insurance coverage that meets the minimum requirements. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are additional avenues for seeking compensation, such as holding employers accountable for commercial drivers, identifying other third parties at fault, or even relying on your own insurance coverage. Our team of skilled lawyers, representing one of the top car accident law firms, can guide you through the process of evaluating all potential sources of compensation to ensure you receive adequate reparation for any damages incurred.
No matter the size of your case, you deserve a dedicated legal team that will vigorously advocate for you. Our mission is to secure victory for you, maximize your compensation, and bring justice to you and your loved ones.
How is fault determined in a car accident in Denver?
In Colorado, the allocation of fault is the basis for determining responsibility in car accidents. Our law firm will evaluate the following to determine fault:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video evidence
- Location of damage on the vehicle
- Marks and debris on the road
- Cell phone records
- Alcohol and drug tests following the crash
- Admissions of other parties
Keep in mind that the police report does not have the final say. Allow our skilled attorneys to thoroughly investigate the liability in your case.
What are the primary factors that contribute to car accidents?
The following are common causes of car accidents:
- Failure to yield
- Improper turns
- Bad weather, driving in the rain
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failing to leave enough following distance
- Distracted driving, texting
- Driving tired or fatigued
- DUI, drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicle defects
- Road rage
Regardless of whether the other driver receives a ticket or faces criminal charges, you may be entitled to financial compensation for a car accident. Violating a traffic law serves as compelling evidence of negligence and fault in an accident.
Is there a skilled car accident lawyer in my vicinity?
At Strong Law, our track record speaks for itself. With over $500 million in verdicts and settlements successfully recovered for our clients, we have established ourselves as trial lawyers of exceptional prowess. Whether we advocate for you in court or work towards a favorable settlement, rest assured that we are unwavering in our pursuit of justice.
Car accident victims have the power to fight back. Discover how our team of dedicated personal injury lawyers in Denver can provide representation, without any upfront costs to you or your loved ones.
Free Consultation – Colorado Auto Accident Attorneys
Your case begins with a complimentary consultation with our legal team, which includes highly skilled auto accident attorneys. Time is of the essence, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us regarding your potential case. Our office is conveniently located in Denver, Colorado. Whether you’re in need of a “truck accident lawyer near me” or require a personal injury lawyer for any other type of motor vehicle accident, our dedicated auto accident attorneys are prepared to serve you and fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
VISIT OUR AUTO ACCIDENT LAW OFFICES IN DENVER
Denver, Colorado Law Firm
2806 Speer Blvd, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80211
Phone: (720) 743-5046
We can also meet you at home or in the hospital.
Colorado Car Accident FAQs
Is it possible to submit a claim even if I don’t have a police report?
While it’s not ideal, it is possible to file a claim without a police report. However, it’s always recommended to report the accident and ensure that a report is filed. Remember, having a valid accident claim doesn’t necessarily hinge on having a police report. Our team of lawyers can assist you in gathering evidence and addressing the absence of a police report. Reach out to us to learn more about how we can help you in this situation.
What is the process for submitting an insurance claim?
The steps to filing an insurance claim are:
- Discovering the available insurance policies.
- Establishing liability for the accident
- Formally reporting the accident to the insurance companies is necessary to ensure proper documentation and claims processing.
- Determining the damages covered by your policy
- Submitting the information to the insurance company.
- Assessing the response from the insurance company and deciding whether to accept any settlement offers.
If the initial response from the insurance company falls short of your expectations, don’t lose heart. We’re here to fight for you. Our team of car accident lawyers in Denver is dedicated to representing victims and assisting with insurance claims across Colorado.
What is the process for filing an injury claim following a car accident?
To file an insurance claim after a car accident, you must:
- When determining legal liability for an accident, it’s important to remember that responsibility may extend beyond just the driver. Consider factors such as employers, vehicle manufacturers, road maintenance agencies, and other relevant parties. By examining all potential contributors, a comprehensive understanding of the situation can be achieved.
- Demonstrate how the accident was a result of the defendant(s)’s negligence.
- To substantiate the injuries, damages, and suffering you have endured, it is crucial to establish a clear causal link to the accident.
- Clearly illustrate the extent of the damages, ensuring to comprehensively cover both financial losses and the intangible toll on well-being.
Which documents are required for the reimbursement of medical expenses?
In order to arrange payment for medical expenses, it is important to gather your treatment records and the associated costs. Additionally, it may be necessary to seek the opinion of an expert who can provide insight into your future care needs and estimate the projected expenses. This expert should also be able to confirm that your injuries are a direct result of the accident. Remember, it is always advisable to seek medical attention following a car crash.
How are my wages reimbursed?
Reimbursement for wages after a car accident encompasses both short-term and long-term impacts. In the short term, you experience a loss of income, while in the long term, you face setbacks in terms of promotions, benefits, and your entire career trajectory. Compensation may be provided based on what you could have achieved compared to what you can realistically earn considering your injuries and limitations.
What happens if the driver responsible for the accident doesn’t have insurance coverage?
Even if the party at fault is uninsured, you can still be eligible for compensation. There are alternative options to consider, such as pursuing their personal assets, identifying another party responsible, or even exploring coverage under your own policy. Our team of lawyers is here to assist you in conducting a thorough investigation.
What is Colorado’s Proportional Fault Model?
In Colorado, the proportional fault model is used to determine compensation in car accidents involving multiple parties. It’s important to note that even if you bear some responsibility for the accident, you may still be eligible for compensation. Comparative negligence is applied to allocate fault and the corresponding right to compensation based on each party’s percentage of responsibility.
What are Colorado’s car insurance requirements?
Colorado vehicle owners are required to possess a minimum of liability insurance.
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury total per accident
- $15,000 property damage per accident
These minimums serve as a starting point. In the event of an accident, it’s important to thoroughly examine if any involved party carries higher coverage limits or additional types of coverage. This comprehensive investigation ensures that all aspects of the situation are carefully considered.