Burn Injury Lawyer
Injuries suffered in a burn accident are extremely serious and life threatening. As a trusted Boise burn injury lawyer, the team at Strong Law knows the pain and suffering burns can cause, both in the immediate aftermath of the accident and well into the future.
These injuries can have long-lasting ramifications that leave you unable to enjoy the same quality of life you had prior to the accident. While you are trying to heal, severe burns can lead to additional health problems that result in a far rougher road ahead.
Trust Our Burn Injury Lawyer with Your Case
We understand how frustrating it can be to suffer burns when you didn’t do anything wrong. Instead, others may have. It may be that the negligence of another person or of a company left you with an injury that can lead to skin grafts, serious infections, scarring, and extensive physical therapy.
When you hire our Boise burn injury lawyer, count on our team to work tirelessly to give you the best chance at reaching the fairest possible settlement. We will protect your rights to seek damages for your medical bills, pain, suffering, lost wages, and reduction in quality of life. Strong Law operates offices in the cities of Boise, Tacoma, Portland, and Salt Lake City. Call our burn injury attorney for a free consultation at 206-741-1053.
How to Win a Settlement in a Burn Injury Case
When you suffer a burn in some sort of accident, the process of trying to win a financial judgment starts with proving that another party behaved in a negligent manner, leading to your injuries. Sometimes, the insurance company representing the responsible party will admit fault on the part of its client. This means you and your burn injury lawyer can focus on obtaining compensation for your medical bills, pain, and suffering.
However, if the insurer disputes how the accident occurred and exactly who is at fault, the situation changes. You and your burn injury attorney will need to first prove which party created the negligent situation. Once you can show who caused your injuries, then you can focus on trying to receive a fair settlement offer from that entity and its liability insurance company.
Proving Liability in a Burn Injury Case
To show that a particular party should be held liable for your burns, you need to show that four different elements occurred, including:
- Duty of care, where you must prove that the liable party owed you a duty of care. They should have maintained conditions that would have protected you from the possibility of harm, such as if your employer should have provided a safer work environment for you by eliminating the possibility of out-of-control fires.
- Violation of duty of care, where you and your lawyer must show that the negligent party did not keep you safe because of a mistake it made.
- Cause of injuries, where you need to show that you suffered injuries directly because of the accident, not because of some other reason.
- Suffered damages, where you must show that you had some sort of financial loss related to your injuries, including items like medical care costs, prescription costs, and lost wages.
To prove that these elements exist in your case, our skilled Boise burn injury lawyer will investigate how you suffered your injuries. This can involve studying police reports, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing any video of the scene. Should we need to hire accident recreation experts to show how the accident occurred, we will take this step. Find out how our burn injury attorney can build your case. Give our team at Strong Law a call at 206-741-1053.
Common Questions That Clients Ask Our Boise Burn Injury Lawyer
Here are some common questions victims of burns have before they file a personal injury claim.
How much is a typical burn injury settlement amount?
What kinds of accidents can lead to burn injury settlements?
Can you file a claim for first degree burns?
Can you file a lawsuit for chemical burns?
How long do I have to file a claim in my burn accident?
Our Boise Burn Injury Attorney Understands How Frustrating a Burn Injury Can Be
You may be doing your job like any other day at the worksite. Suddenly, a piece of equipment fails, creating a fire or a chemical spill out of nowhere. Just like that, your world has changed, potentially forever, as you now face a long hospital stay, potential disfigurement, and ongoing pain.
You did not do anything wrong, yet you are suffering. This can lead to feelings of helplessness, especially if the insurance company for the negligent party disputes your side of the story. Perhaps the insurer is arguing that your injuries are not as serious as you claim.
If the insurance company for the negligent party refuses to come to a fair settlement amount for your burn injury, we will fight for your right to receive the compensation you deserve. We will remain on your side, even if that requires taking the case to court. For a free review of your case, contact our Boise burn injury lawyer at Strong Law at 206-741-1053 as soon as possible.
Rehabilitating from Burn Injuries
Although burn injuries themselves can involve intense pain, rehabilitating from them can involve significant pain too, according to Mayo Clinic. Some of the treatments you may have to undergo after suffering a serious burn injury include:
- Cleaning the wound, where wounds require washing and cleaning to remove any debris and to attempt to prevent the formation of dangerous infections.
- Dressing the wound, where doctors and nurses will bandage the damaged skin, creating pain during application and removal of the dressings.
- Skin grafts, where doctors may perform surgery, repositioning healthy skin from other areas of your body to replace damaged skin from the burns.
- Plastic surgery, where doctors may need to perform reconstructive surgery on damaged parts of the victim’s body, attempting to reduce the effects of scarring from the burns and to return freedom of movement to joints affected.
- Physical therapy, where therapists will help victims attempt to regain their full range of motion in limbs where burns occurred, which can include stretching the healing skin and improving the performance of joints with scarring.
- Help with feeding and breathing, where people with burns inside the throat from inhaling smoke may need tubes inserted in the throat, which can cause pain and discomfort.
It is common for people who suffer burn injuries to need large amounts of medication to manage the pain, both from the wounds and from physical therapy. Having such a high level of pain in this type of accident allows you and our burn injury attorney to seek a larger pain and suffering settlement than with some other kinds of cases.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”