Vancouver, WA, Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Are you or a loved one the victim of a Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident? Or did you lose a loved one to a fatal pedestrian accident? You need a Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident lawyer who can passionately fight for your legal right to compensation. Pedestrians often fall victim to drunk or reckless drivers. When this happens, it can be very traumatic and life-changing.
We know the pain of pedestrian accidents at Strong Law because we have helped other victims. Although there are so many pedestrian accidents, we will give our best to support you and ensure you are among the victims who get compensated.
No matter the level of your injury, we can help you get the financial recovery you deserve. Although no amount can compensate for an accident’s emotional and physical pain, we ensure that we key in all your damages to ensure you get worthy compensation. Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Vancouver, WA, will guide you through your case while you recover from your pain and injuries.GET HELP TODAY
Why Choose Us?
Our Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident attorney will work tirelessly to see that you get better results from your case. You should hire a firm that can strongly protect your right to compensation. It would help if you had a pedestrian accident attorney who is passionate about your case and works to see it through.
At Strong Law, we are dedicated to supporting our clients through their legal troubles. While they deal with recovery, we help our clients obtain the best possible outcome from their case. Here are some reasons our clients trust us:
- We have a 98% success rate. Our commitment to helping our clients has helped us achieve a 98% success rate over the years. It is an honor to have been able to help clients receive the compensation they deserve.
- Result oriented. We have helped many clients get the desired outcome and get millions of dollars for their losses. Our clients have stories to share about their experiences with us. Read our client testimonials to see the results we get.
- We understand. We understand the pains you go through during a personal injury. Our wealth of experience has brought us to several clients that have gone through the same. Like our other clients, we can also help you gain your desired satisfaction.
- You are our priority. At Strong Law, we put our clients and their needs first, so we are available 24/7. We can guide you and help you understand your case.
- We are experienced. Our attorneys are experienced to handle your case and face your opponent’s insurance company. The founder, Jed Strong, has many years of experience as an attorney with inside experience that helps him successfully take on insurance companies.
You should speak to a Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident attorney soon enough to start the process on time. You should not hesitate after you or your loved one’s accident because starting early for injury cases is best.
Contact Strong Law today at 206-741-1053 for a free consultation.
Why You Need a Vancouver, WA, Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Our Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident lawyers will do their best to help you obtain the compensation that is due to you. Whether you are partially responsible or not, our pedestrian accident attorneys will fight to get you full compensation. We will investigate your case to determine what the damages are. Damages are typically grouped into two:
- Emergency medical bills
- Past and future medical expenses
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Lost wages during the recovery period
- Rehabilitation cost
- Loss of future earning ability in the case of disability.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Emotional and psychological stress or trauma
- Loss of a loved one.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Vancouver, WA, can help you get proper compensation for your loss. We will adequately estimate the damages and ensure you are compensated for every damage to aid your recovery journey.
How We Can Help
Often, the insurance company will try to settle with you quickly and pay far less than your case may be worth. They will try to save as much payment as possible and close your case quickly. Sometimes, insurance companies may even try to blame you.
Usually, it is best not to discuss your pain or injuries with them because they may use your words against you. Let our Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident attorneys do the work instead and secure full compensation for every loss you or your loved one has suffered. We will help you with the following:
- We will help determine the cause of the accident by gathering evidence through witnesses, medical reports, etc. So, you do not get forced into an unfair settlement.
- Our pedestrian accident lawyers will find out if any of your pedestrian rights were violated.
- Our attorneys have worked with insurance companies, so they know how best to handle them. They can represent you better and ensure the insurance company does not cheat you out of your settlement.
- We will help you estimate the damages to calculate how much you are owed. We will do our best to protect your right and obtain your full compensation.
- If the second party is at fault but refuses to settle, we will help you sue. Our pedestrian accident lawyers know enough to help you through your court case.
With our law team, you can rest assured that we will take care of the legal aspect of your case while you recover. Call Strong Law today at 206-741-1053 to discuss the details of your accident so we can work out your case.
Negligence Proof for Pedestrian Accidents, Vancouver, WA
If a driver or another party is responsible for your injuries, your Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident lawyer will need to prove the negligence of the at-fault party. There are four elements of proof required to prove negligence:
Duty of Care
When proving negligence, the first thing your attorney will do is to see if the at-fault party owes you a duty of care. Duty of care means that an individual is responsible for not causing harm to another individual through carelessness when in a situation that could harm the person.
If the driver is faulty, some duties drivers owe pedestrians are to yield the right of way at intersections and to drive carefully.
Breach of Duty
Once your attorney has established that the at-fault party has a duty towards you, they will prove that they breached this duty. Motorists can breach their duty by doing or not doing something that a reasonably prudent person should do under such circumstances. For example, not stopping at an intersection for a crossing pedestrian is a breach of duty.
The motorist will be found negligent if the motorist knows that the action taken might cause injury to the pedestrian. Yet, the motorist still acted after learning this.
The attorney must prove that the at-fault party’s negligence (breach of duty) caused injuries to the pedestrian. For you as a pedestrian to obtain compensation, there must be an injury caused by their negligence. Injuries could be mild or severe. In unfortunate cases, pedestrian accidents could even lead to death.
The fourth element to prove negligence is “damages”. It requires that the court compensate the pedestrian. Compensation would consider economic and non-economic damages and will be weighed according to the extent of the damage.
As such, a motorist will be found negligent if the motorist:
- Failed to yield the right of way at an intersection.
- Was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Ran a red light or stop sign.
- Was speeding.
- Turned without looking.
- Was distracted.
Let us help you prove your negligence case today. Call Strong Law at 206-741-1053 to get started.
Whom to Sue for Pedestrian Accident
The most common cause of pedestrian accidents is drivers’ negligence. In such cases, your pedestrian accident lawyer may make a case against the following parties:
- The Driver: Drivers will be held responsible if they disobey traffic regulations and laws.
- The Manufacturer: If a pedestrian accident is a result of a defect in the car, the manufacturer may be held responsible.
- The Government: The government is entrusted with a share of road safety, like providing crosswalks and streetlights. The government may share the blame if a pedestrian accident happens because of problems like a faulty crosswalk.
Accidents that happen at crosswalks are more complicated than other pedestrian accident causes. According to Washington motor vehicle laws, RCW46.61.235, motorists must yield the right of way to pedestrians when crossing any marked or unmarked crosswalk at an intersection.
However, sometimes the driver may not be the cause of crosswalk accidents. Factors like dangerous intersections and faulty road design can contribute to pedestrian accidents. When this happens, those responsible for maintaining public crosswalks can be held accountable for pedestrian accidents. The possible defendant could include the government, and the engineering firm contracted to do the job.
Other Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Other causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Severe weather.
- Wearing dark clothes at night.
- Speeding and reckless driving.
- Failing to observe traffic signs and signals.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers failing to yield the right of way at intersections.
- Drivers passing vehicles that stop to yield to pedestrians at a crosswalk.
- Distracted driving caused by drivers using cell phones, eating, or other distractions.
If you were involved in a Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident, your pedestrian accident attorney can help you determine which party is at fault. Our team will diligently investigate your case to find out the root cause of your accident and ensure the at-fault party provides compensation. Call Strong Law now at 206-741-1053 for help.
What if I Share Part of the Blame for a Pedestrian Accident?
If you are also to be blamed, you may still be qualified to receive compensation. Washington abides by a comparative negligence law for damages as stated in RCW 4.22.005. So, if you are partly faulty, you will receive compensation, but the percentage of your responsibility will reduce the compensation due to you.
For example, when pedestrians were not mindful of the road and were distracted by their phones. The driver can claim that the pedestrian has a share in the blame. But the motorist cannot be entirely absolved of the blame because they have a duty to look out for pedestrians while driving.
So, if the pedestrian is estimated to have been 5% at fault for the accident, the compensation will be reduced by 5%.
No matter the case, our Vancouver, WA, pedestrian accident attorneys will fight to obtain as much as you deserve. We would work strategically to prevent the guilty party from using your responsibility to avoid compensating you. Contact Strong Law now at 206-741-1053 to go over the details of your pedestrian accident case.
Vancouver, WA, Pedestrian Accident FAQs
A pedestrian accident brings many changes you are unfamiliar with, including your case. You may have lots of questions to ask our attorneys concerning your case. Before your consultation, here are answers to some frequent questions people ask:
How long will my case take?
It will depend on factors like medical care, future needs, evidence, proof of liability, and many other factors. While some cases may take months, more complicated ones can last several years.
How much will I pay a Strong Law pedestrian accident attorney?
At Strong Law, we work based on contingency. This means that we get paid only after your case is settled. So, our payment depends on the outcome of your case.
How long do I have to file a pedestrian accident case in Vancouver, WA?
Generally, the statute of limitation for pedestrian accidents in Vancouver is three years. Thus, it is best to file your lawsuit as soon as possible.
Should I settle early?
Settling your case too early may prevent you from knowing the total cost that the at-fault party owes you.
What should I do if I am hit?
If you are involved in an accident, if possible, document the scene — take pictures or make a video. You should also get the phone number of witnesses to help your attorney build a compelling case against the driver.
If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact Strong Law today for a free consultation.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”