Tacoma Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents happen frequently in Washington and can result in major property damage, devastating injuries, and even death. Survivors of serious accidents face mounting medical and rehabilitation bills at a time they may be unable to work, and suffer financial losses that can easily exceed the limits of a car insurance policy. Life may never be the same.
If you or a loved one was injured or someone has died in a car crash, you may be entitled to compensation through insurance or a car accident lawsuit. However, Washington personal injury laws are complicated, and insurance companies will attempt to deny claims or get you to settle for less than your case is worth. Representing yourself in a car accident case could be a costly mistake, but an experienced car accident attorney can help you get the full compensation you deserve.
Our team at Strong Law knows the challenges of facing financial worries while recovering from injuries after an accident and will be your best ally as you go through your car accident case. While no amount of money can make up for the trauma, pain, and suffering you are going through, a monetary award can help take the burdens off you and help you rebuild your life. We know the complexities of Washington law and how to deal with the insurance companies and their attorneys, the courts, and the system. Our Tacoma car accident attorneys will handle all negotiations and legal hurdles involved with winning fair compensation. Let us take the burden off you so you can concentrate on your recovery and your family.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to determine the best way to move forward, and there are no fees unless we win your case. Call us today at 206-741-1053 to get started.FREE CONSULTATION
Our Tacoma Car Accident Attorney Works for You
Why Choose Us?
There are many attorneys in Tacoma, and it’s important for you to find one you not only feel comfortable with, but who has the qualifications to get the results you need. Here are some reasons why we think Strong Law is your best choice:
- We have the experience you need. Attorney Jed Strong founded the firm in 2016, after working for insurance companies and learning their inner workings. He uses his inside knowledge of insurance companies to help advocate for his clients.
- We care about our clients. It shows in the testimonials they provide to describe how we’ve helped them through the difficult times after a Tacoma car crash.
- We win big. Our Tacoma car accident attorneys at Strong Law win 98% of our cases, including a $1.1 million settlement for a rear-end accident at a stoplight.
- We take care of all dealings with insurance companies. We know the tactics insurance companies use and know how to negotiate on your behalf. We make every effort to win a fair settlement out of court but are fully prepared to take your case to court if necessary.
- We offer free consultations to discuss the circumstances of your case and show you how we can help.
- We work on a contingency basis, so you pay no fees unless and until we win and you get your money.
How Our Car Accident Attorney Helps You
When you have our Strong Law legal team on your side, we will start working for you immediately. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss how the accident happened, who you think the at-fault parties may be, and determine what type of settlement we should go after.
- Investigate the accident thoroughly, gathering evidence such as photos and videos from the scene and from police, ambulance and medical reports.
- Interview witnesses and first responders.
- Consult with experts in accident reconstruction and experts who can testify as to your costs, damages, and the expected effects on your life.
- Thoroughly assess all your damages, including current and future medical bills, all forms of lost income, damaged property and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering
- Negotiate with the insurance company and their lawyers for maximum compensation.
- Build your case and take it to court to win full and fair compensation, should negotiations break down.
Our legal team at Strong Law has extensive expertise in assisting accident victims in Tacoma in obtaining sizeable settlements and victories at trial, and we are there to help you through this really difficult time in your life. We’ll explain the process of your case at every step and will be ready to answer any questions you may have. With Strong Law, you have an advocate dedicated to you. We truly care about your recovery and your future. Our Tacoma car accident lawyers have seen how other car accident victims have had their lives turned upside down. It is our mission to get your life back on track as soon as possible. Let us take care of all legal hurdles and requirements.
Don’t leave your future to chance. Get the best possible outcome and all the compensation you deserve in your Tacoma car accident case.
After you or a loved one suffered an injury in one of the many crashes on Tacoma roadways, you need to work with our Tacoma car accident lawyer immediately. The first steps right after an accident are to get medical attention and report the accident to your insurance company. You next step needs to be contacting our car accident attorney as soon as possible. Don’t provide any details to your insurer without getting our guidance first.
Our car accident lawyers at Strong Law can help you get compensation for your injuries to cover the costs of your medical care right after the accident and in the future. We are ready to fight for what you deserve to get compensation for your lost wages and for damages to your property. Call Strong Law today at 206-741-1053.
Compensation Our Tacoma Car Accident Attorney May Recover
Expenses can quickly add up after a severe accident. That’s why our attorneys are careful to document all the details of your injuries and the medical care you’ll need. Our efforts mean we can secure compensation that will cover the added expenses you’ll face. Our job is to relieve your stress. You should not have to shoulder financial worries. Instead, you should be able to focus on healing.
In a successful case in Washington State, our Strong Law personal injury attorneys can win a settlement that covers both your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages — When you are involved in a car accident in Tacoma which results in serious injury, you may be able to be compensated for economic damages which cover your financial losses that include:
- Lost Wages — Whether you are out of work for a couple of weeks or a few months or your injuries require you to be out of work permanently, you are entitled to be compensated for your wage losses. If you cannot return to work, your car accident lawyers in Tacoma can estimate how much you could potentially lose in wages and benefits.
- Medical Expenses — In addition to the medical bills for your treatment immediately following an accident, you can also seek compensation for specialized tests, transportation to and from medical visits, and prescription medications. Severe car accidents that result in brain or spinal injuries may have very high medical costs.
- Home Modifications — If your home requires modification so you can stay at home while recovering, you may be able to hold the negligent parties financially responsible for the costs of these modifications.
- Property damage, including repairing or replacing your car.
- In the case of a fatal accident, funeral and burial expenses.
- Other Possible Compensation — Every case is different, and it is important for you to have a skilled health care team address your physical condition following a car accident. If you are unable to return to work, you may be entitled to get compensation for vocational rehabilitation and other expenses which you may incur as a result of your injuries. In extreme cases, we may be able to seek punitive damages.
Noneconomic damages — Depending on the details of your accident, you may also be entitled to payment for your noneconomic damages. These are for damages that don’t have a specific dollar value, but negatively impact your life, such as:
- pain and suffering
- loss of companionship or consortium
- disability or disfigurement
- mental or emotional distress.
No one should be put in financial peril because of someone else’s negligence. As soon as possible after a car accident, you should contact our Tacoma car accident attorney for help. Rather than attempt to negotiate with an insurance company on your own, let someone who is committed to getting the maximum possible compensation for your injuries advocate on your behalf. Our team will explain how this applies in your case.
Call Strong Law today at 206-741-1053 to speak with a Tacoma car accident lawyer.
Our Car Accident Lawyer in Tacoma Must Prove Negligence
To win your car accident lawsuit, our car accident attorney will have to show that another party, the defendant in the case, was negligent and at fault, and therefore liable for the accident. The following are necessary elements to prove liability:
- The defendant had a duty of care not to harm you,
- The party violated that duty,
- This violation caused your injuries, and
- You suffered damages as a result.
In addition to another driver, who may have driven while drunk or distracted, there may be other parties who were negligent and contributed to the accident. Examples include the manufacturer of the car or its parts, if these were defective and failed; the mechanic who repaired a car improperly; or a road maintenance company that left debris in the road. Our Tacoma car accident attorneys would look to name them all as defendants, as they all may have assets and insurance that can go toward a settlement.
Even if you did something to contribute to the accident, our Tacoma personal injury attorneys can still help you collect compensation. According to Washington law (RCW 4.22.005), if you are partially to blame for the accident, you can still win compensation, but your award would be reduced by the proportion of fault you bear. However, that is in proportion to the defendant’s degree of fault. For example, if your case is worth $100,000 and you are 20 percent at fault, you could receive $80,000.
Tacoma Car Accident Attorneys Answer FAQs
After a traumatic car accident, you are bound to have questions and concerns. While these are best covered in your free consultation, to get you started, here are some answers to questions our car accident lawyers are often asked.
Should I accept an offer from the insurance company?
How much can I collect for my injuries following a Tacoma car accident?
How much compensation will I get?
Will I have to go to court?
What if a death occurs from the injury?
How much does it cost to hire a Tacoma car accident lawyer?
We understand that clients have many questions after an accident and are here to answer them as they arise. Our Tacoma car accident lawyers will be there for you throughout the entire legal process, keeping you informed and addressing your concerns.
What You Do After a Car Accident In Tacoma Can Impact Your Case
Following a car accident, victims should take the following steps and heed these warnings:
- Seek medical attention – Even when you think your injuries are minor, get immediate medical attention.
- Notify your insurance company — Use caution when speaking with insurers to make sure you do not accept any blame for the accident.
- Keep track of your progress and setbacks — As you recover, keep track of any progress you make recovering from your injuries, as well as any setbacks you may experience.
There are important reasons for these steps. Proving your injuries requires medical documentation. When speaking with an insurance adjuster, accepting any responsibility could impact your ability to get a fair settlement. Finally, your car accident lawyer will need information about your recovery and setbacks to strengthen your legal claim.
What You Should Know About Tacoma Car Accident Injury Cases
According to the Tacoma traffic reporting system, in the first 10 months of 2020 there were more than 3,000 crashes on Tacoma roadways. While some accidents were minor, resulting in only property damage, there were more than 1,000 injuries reported. Unfortunately, more than 10 people lost their lives as well.
When a car accident occurs, there may be cameras in the area which can help identify the cause of the accident. Film from traffic cameras, cameras on storefronts, and ATM cameras is often overwritten within days of being recorded. Contacting a Tacoma car accident lawyer as soon as possible after an accident can ensure that such evidence is preserved.
Victims of a car accident should document any physical changes they are dealing with during their recovery. This can be important, because over the course of a couple of weeks following an accident, you may see signs or symptoms which indicate you have a more serious injury than was first thought. Should this occur, make sure you follow up with your healthcare team.
“Excellent attorneys and staff!! My attorney, Peter, and his paralegal, Katrina, went ABOVE & BEYOND to get me a settlement that was even higher than my own personal bottom line. I highly recommend Strong Law for all your personal injury claims. I would not have been able to navigate this 3-year long journey without them! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”